Semi-submersible drilling rig selected for Indonesia, East Sepinggan production area.

June 28, 2019

A contract has been awarded by Italian energy giant, Eni, to Indonesian company Java Star Rig to supply a sixth-generation semi-submersible drilling rig for upcoming operations. The contract is believed to have a total values of US$95 million.

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "Semi-submersible drilling indonesia East Sepinggan ks drilling"Java Star Rig is a joint venture between KS Drilling and Universal Energy Resources. The semi-submersible is the SSV Catarina.

Eni is the operator of the East Sepinggan production sharing contract offshore East Kalimantan with an 85% interest while Pertamina Hulu Energy holds the remaining 15%.

The block is located in the Kutei basin and hosts the deep-water Merakes discovery which is being developed via a 35 kilometre tie-in to Eni’s Jangkrik field.

The work in Indonesia is expected to commence in late 2019.

In December 2018 Eni announced that they had successfully drilled and tested the Merakes East prospect in East Sepinggan block, Offshore Kalimantan, Indonesia. Merakes East is located 33 km south east from the Eni-operated Jangkrik field and just 3 km east of the Merakes Field.

The well was drilled to a depth of 3,400m MD in 1,592m of water depth and encountered 15 meters of gas bearing net sands.

The proximity of this new discovery to Merakes field, whose development plan investments were approved in late 2018m in line with Eni near field exploration, will allow to maximize the synergies among the subsea infrastructures as well as reducing costs and time of the execution of the future subsea developments

Privacy policy | Legal Information
Website design by Gravitas London