Site HSE Engineer required by our client to be assigned on a Contract basis, to be based in the Netherlands.
Provision of HSE competence and expertise to HSE Management under the Team scope of work.
- Contribute to implementation and Q/A of the HSE Management systems and reporting systems including potential site-specific instructions.
- Planning, executing and documenting HSE activities and results using agreed procedures.
- Efficient Site HSE Team support to the project organisation, site organisation and contractors.
- Demonstrate commitment to develop HSE activities within Site HSE.
- Role model a safety culture that promotes effective management of HSE.
- Contribute to planning and coordination of HSE activities and responsibilities.
- Standardization of Site HSE deliverables.
- Planning, execution and follow-up on HSE activities/registrations.
- Supervision, control and reporting on Contractor related risk assessments and methods statements, HSE arrangements & construction activities, overall safety performance, design risk assessments, incident analysis, Audits/evaluation.
- Ad hoc duties as required.
- HSE guidance, support and control to construction packages, site & commissioning and O&M hand-over.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Relevant academic or technical background, e.g. at GSCE level or similar, with basic knowledge on HSE issues.
- Completed IOSH course or NEBOSH General OR NEBOSH Construction to certificate level.
- Preferable completed NEBOSH General or NEBOSH Construction to Diploma Level.
- Ability to demonstrate work experience with HSE, ideally in a construction environment.
- Investigation of health, and safety related issues, with experience in fostering a good health and safety culture.
- An advantage if experience in construction design and management, from offshore wing projects or from engineering.
- It is essential with an aptitude for working at heights and offshore, as visit to offshore wind turbines on a frequent basis.
- You will be familiar with the Microsoft Office software.
- Good communication skills and able to write and speak English fluently. Skills necessary to facilitate communication and cooperation with your colleagues in challenging situations.