PROTECTION AND TEST ENGINEER required by our client to be assigned on a Contract basis, located in the Netherlands.
Responsible for the implementation and integration of control, monitoring and protection system across the whole wind farm.
- Ensure that the project HV/MV is delivered safely, on time, on quality and within scope and budget.
- Comply with Company standard solutions and guidelines, as well as current standards, i.e ISO9001.
- Ensure that the HV/MV equipment are specified design wording and produced according to relevant standards, i.e. IEC.
- Participate in project team meetings and cross discipline cooperation.
- Ensure that the best technical practices are implemented.
- Ensure hand-over of agreed documentation to O&M and OFTO.
- Comply with and enforce the Company HSE requirements/policy.
- Prepare up-front analysis and define protection philosophy of wind farm.
- Participate in preparation of technical specification and Employer's requirements.
- Plan and execute peer reviews according to QA/QC guidelines.
- Evaluation of tenders and support in clarification meetings with suppliers.
- Understand and manage interfaces for the control, monitoring and protection work towards other project packages, as well as towards suppliers.
- Perform and review calculations of instrument transformers and; electrical interfaces across whole wind farm in order to secure redundancy, safety and security of protection systems.
- In close cooperation with colleagues define monitoring for entire plant and design of protection user interface.
- Deliver calculations of relay settings for the whole wind farm and provide suppliers with the necessary parameter set.
- Review the suppliers' protection design documents, protection schematics configuration and communication software provided by suppliers (DIGSI files, Micom files etc.)
- Participate in FATs, SATs of protection system components.
- In cooperation with Commissioning Manager plan, execute and document SITs of HV/MV & protection systems prior to energization.
- Plan, execute and document “on load tests” of protection systems.
- Provide technical support during investigation of disturbances and power system faults, post commissioning.
- Assist in preparing substation interlocking logic and SCADA point lists.
- Deliver technical requirements for protection.
- Deliver input to key gate deliverables.
- All decisions re. project time, cost, quality and staffing within defined budget and time schedule and in accordance with Project Authorisation Matrix.
- Planning all project relevant activities and implement needed changes within the project's defined budget and time schedule.
- Recommend project changes.
- In cooperation with contract manager, negotiate contracts, including variation orders & claims, recommend changes to procurement/contract strategy and best tenders for the scope.
- Electro technical education equivalent to MSc, EE or similar.
- Recommended 4-5 years of experience as a protection system expert in a similar position.
- Recommended 4-5 years of experience as a project engineer (technically skilled, integrity, communication, adaptability, teamwork, decision-making and planning).