HARBOUR SITE SUPERVISOR required by our client, to be hired on a contractual basis, located in The Netherlands..
The Harbour Site Supervisor is responsible for the daily housekeeping on site and various tasks related to the operation of site facilities.
PRINCIPLE RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Supervision of harbour site activities.
- Ensuring all PPE is up to date.
- Crane and forklift operations.
- Stock and warehouse monitoring.
- Maintenance of site facilities.
- Recording of PPE, Storage, Certification and Calibration.
- Facility safety checks.
- Assist the HSE department regarding harbour specific issues.
- Management of safety equipment, PPE, climbing gear, including recording of inventory and use of PPE.
- Monitoring service life of PPE.
- Site stock management.
- Authorising all forklift and crane operation onshore and organising availability of crane.
- General site upkeep management.
- Building, facility and site boundary safety checks.
- Monitoring and recording site electricity and water use.
- Liaise with port waste management contractors.
- Site office delivery management.
- Liaise with shipyard, site security company and local site contractors.
- Data input of all PPE requiring certification..
- Keep a quarantined area for damaged tools and PPE.
- Supporting construction management with adhoc tasks.
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly/Annual building safety checks.
- Generate proposals for supplies to be purchased by Lead Site Security and new PPE equipment to be ordered by Site Management.
- Scrap failing PPE and lifting equipment.
- Right to call for local suppliers for minor urgent jobs.
- Preferred craftsman.
- Three to five years local knowledge.
- Driving licence for forklifts.
- Three to five years experience working on construction sites.
- Able to handle dangerous goods.