BUSINESS UNIT MANAGER required by our client, to be hired on a permanent basis, located in Nigeria.
- Will take charge of the administrative responsibility and establish operating budget for all operations within the Strategic Business Unit.
- Drive the company's HSSEQ policies, ensuring compliance with company and other relevant authorities' requirements.
- It has delegated authority to mobilize the necessary means to effectively implement the company's HSE Policy.
- He is also authorized to sub-delegate HSE Responsibility to operational staff.
- He ensures the application of the HSE procedures and ensures the implementation of HSE plans.
- Participates in the work of the HSE COMMITTEE and evaluates the HSE performance of the company.
- Has authority over the execution of projects in compliance with the safety, security, initial budget, rules and policies of the company.
- Ensures a reliable, regular and formalized reporting in all areas under its responsibility (monthly project reviews, invoicing equipment etc).
- Ensures compliance with the company's contractual commitments to its customers (deadlines, budget, quality).
- Defends the interests of the company in all projects.
- Establish and maintain good working relationship with clients and together with the operations team, actively evaluate and propose new business opportunities.
- Develop the so-called "proxy job" business with the support of the commercial management for the preparation of offers.
- Participates in the definition and revision of annual budgets in collaboration with Commercial Management.
- Participates in bid closing meetings (prices) to validate the costing and assumptions.
- Define human resources and training needs with the Human Resources Department by maximizing the Nigerian workforce in all positions. Drive the Nigerian Content requirements and strategy of the company.
- Maintain and manage relationship with regulatory authorities and monitor regulatory developments and ensuring compliance.
- Initiates and follows the actions of the quality improvement plan.
- Develop and manage relationship with key industry players, local partners and relevant bodies as well as marketing company towards new opportunities in.
- To identify/target and select projects (analysis of economic, contractual and contextual risks, pre-qualification, suggestion of an industrial model: partnerships, sub-contracting...)
- To suggest to the Top Management to follow up or refuse to consider a prospect (bid/no bid).
- To identify and monitor the competitors in the sector.
- To develop a network of partners and prospects.
- To carry out the Marketing Monitoring of the business during calls for tenders during the phases of: (prospect, pre-qualification, bids for tenders, clarifications, negotiations, contract finalization).
- To monitor bids, from the time when they are drawn up till when they are negotiated, in coordination with the tendering & in accordance with the procedures in force.
- To coordinate and take part in commercial and technical, internal and external meetings.
- To organize the finalization and signing of Contracts, when contracts are awarded.
- To analyse the technical and financial risks through the assessment of the bid documentation.
- To assess the technical means to be used to carry out the project and to assess the risks inherent in the project.
- To assess the feasibility and profitability of the project for the Company.
- To analyse the risks and the opportunities for the Company.
- To draw up a report on the bids with a view to reporting to the Management.
- Project Management Skills
- Business Development
- Oil and gas/Engineering
- Administrative Skills
- Commercial/Proposal Skills