Senior Process Engineer
Aberdeen (with business travel to Nigeria)
A medium-sized operator with several undeveloped assets in Nigeria is looking for a senior process engineer to oversee the implementation of process engineering activities for their field development work.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Oversee and evaluate the production facilities such as the gas, oil, and produced water pipelines and associated oil evacuation systems and infrastructure.
- Work with client's senior personnel to manage project and process engineering teams.
- Prepare reports to feedback to stakeholders concerning process improvements
- The senior process engineer will generate project execution plans and designs.
- Participate in process engineering and construction contractor selection processes and initiate and lead project engineering efforts.
- Drive contractor performance to deliver projects on schedule and on budget whilst ensuring contractual commitments are met.
- Demonstrate and maintain commitment to companies HSE policies and procedures
- The senior process engineer will assist the commercial function in preparing economic justification for engineering decisions.
- Interface with operations and construction to ensure process engineering design is operable and constructible. The engineer will also review and approve final drawings and documents.
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Degree in Chemical Engineering
- Twenty or more years of process engineering experience, including managing the execution of upstream or midstream projects; West Africa or comparable developing region experience is preferred.
- Program or project management of large capital projects is a plus.
- A high degree of familiarity with and knowledge of the design and construction of production, compression, pumping, treating, processing, and produced water disposal facilities.
- A basic knowledge of drilling and completions activities is a plus.
- Ability to prepare and validate preliminary and detailed cost and schedule estimates.
- Strong organisational, interpersonal, and communication
- Working knowledge of applicable industry codes and standards as well as environmental and safety regulations.
If you are a senior process engineer, or lead process engineer open to new opportunities, please don't hesitate to apply now. The is a long-term contract or staff opportunity with significant opportunity to oversee the growth of an up-and-coming West African development.