LEAD CONTRACT ENGINEER required by our client, an international oil and gas Operator, to be assigned on a Contract basis, located in Houston, TX.
Duration: 24 months on-going
- The job holder will be responsible for all Contract & Procurement activities for Our Client's project. During the initial phase of the project focusing on the FEED activities, he will manage and coordinate:
- All Contracts, Frame Agreements (MSA) and Insurance related matters
- Preparation and administration of Contracts and Purchase Orders to support the engineering activities related to the project
- Confidentiality Agreements with various Parties (Contractors and Service Companies)
- Contribute to the definition of the contractual strategy for the next project phases
- Liaison with HQ procurement branch Our Client's (Insurance dept) to ensure application of applicable laws, regulations and procedures in tendering and execution.
- Support in the optimization of economic performance, quality and time efficiency of the C&P operations conducted for Our Client's project.
- Liaise and coordinate with Package Contract Engineers to ensure consistency of contract implementation, reporting and application of project procedures
- Liaise and coordinate with Project Cost Control and Planning Leads
The Job Holder contributes to the organization of Contracts with Our Client's project
- Participate in implementing contract and services referential (procedures, templates, forms…)
- Coordination with Affiliate C&P
- Ensure the communication with Our Client's Global Procurement and in particular the Category Management network,
- Assist the Technical and Support entities.
The Job Holder manages the sourcing of Goods and Services:
- Participate actively in the definition and implementation of the contractual Plan,
- Manage the processes correctly in coordination with Cost Control Lead:
- Receive purchase requests with a clear scope of work/service from the requesting entities,
- Develop all documents in accordance with project contractual strategies and procedures
- Coordinate with package teams:
- Oversee and provide support for the tendering process for all packages,
- Support package teams in negotiations with the package contractors,
- Evaluate Offers along with requesting entities
- Support administration of contract execution
- Manage preparation of tender documents, tender process, negotiations and bid evaluations
- Coordinate approval processes in particular in coordination with relevant Contract Committees
- Supervise the establishment of contracts, and directly participate to the contract management thereof,
- Ensure validation of all contract/PO content and process (including Partners approval, if necessary),
- Participate in the settlement of claims, disputes and/or lawsuits, in relation with the Juridical, Insurance, Finance entities
The Job Holder manages the compliance
- Assist in development, implementation and maintenance of Contracts and Procurement policies, strategies and procedures to ensure compliance with Applicable Law and regulations and Group policies,
- Ensure that tendering procedures and processes strictly adhere to the compliance and ethical rules defined by the Group,
- Ensure that Contracts/PO comply with the standards of the Company and the Agreements with the Partner(s)
- Ensure all activities are aligned with Affiliate C&P normal practice.
- Ensure the application and respect of the procedures in the tendering process.
- Ensure contract requirements are aligned with the Project digital implementation philosophy
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
Minimum Education: Bachelor/Masters degree, engineering or Business.
Minimum Experience: Demonstrated ability to negotiate varied and complex contracts with a wide range of contractors and vendors, with a minimum of 15 years experience in procurement of oil and gas equipment and services. Previous experience in similar role within large scale offshore oil and gas projects.
Required Skills /Certifications:
- Negotiation skills,
- Strong experience managing call for tenders (preparation of CFT packages, evaluation of tenders, contractual and commercial negotiation, recommendation to award, etc.)
- Experience with Ariba / SAP is a benefit.
- Autonomous, with excellent organizational ability
- Knowledge of C&P tools
- Excellent organizational ability and commitment, working well under pressure and meeting deadlines
- Good team player: willingness to help, confidence and competence to deliver.
- Good knowledge and appreciation of critical business support activities (legal, commercial, economics, finance, insurance, tax, JV management …).
- Job holder must have superior written and oral communication.
- Flexibility and pro-activeness are requested.