STRUCTURAL ENGINEER required by our client, an international oil and gas Contractor, to be assigned on a Contract basis, located in Houston, TX.
Duration: Contract to Perm
The Structural Engineer uses expertise to perform analysis, design, site supervision, coordination, monitoring and control of hull and appurtenance components, deck to hull connection structures, tendon piles and tendon support buoys and hull internal and external outfittings. Regularly takes a lead role in assigned projects.
- Assists in the field arrangement, deck and hull layout based on structural considerations.
- Interfaces with other disciplines such as facilities, global performance, riser, tendon and outside suppliers / subcontractors to define the loads and other requirements on the structures to be designed.
- Performs preliminary analysis and design for the deck structure for hull and deck/hull connection design purpose.
- Interfaces with deck design contractor for the transfer and explanation of Our Client's deck design.
- Performs analysis and design for the deck/column connections, column top bracing system as well as the walkway on top of it and the internal reinforcement.
- Interfaces with desk design contractor for the loads and fabrication tolerances.
- Performs analysis and design of the SCR porches.
- Interfaces with client for requirements on the number of SCR and the SCR loads on the SCR support.
- Interfaces with the SCR receptacle vendor for their analysis, design, fabrication and supply of the SCR's that will be installed on the support porches.
- Performs analysis and design for the riser keel support.
- Interfaces with riser group for the load information.
- Performs analysis and design for the riser guard structure.
- Interfaces with the client to confirm the design impact energy.
- Interfaces with riser guard rope net supplier for their design and fabrication of the net and the accessories.
- Supervises the installation and pre-tensioning of the riser guard in place.
- Interfaces with other disciplines to identify the needs for outfittings.
- Performs analysis, design and fabrication supervision for the outfittings.
- Performs tendon pile analysis and design, as well as the tendon support buoy structure for the TLP mooring system.
- Provides other project support in structural / marine / mooring analysis and design.
- Provides progress and work reports to specific Project Engineers as required.
- Writes and delivers technical papers for publication.
- Mentor and teach / coach problem solving, creative thinking and project planning skills to less experienced staff; Actively progresses the corporate knowledge base.
- Regularly functions as a technical leader or a significant contributor to a major complex problem and/or project.
- Frequently meets with high ranking officials in a variety of sensitive, problematic or unstructured settings.
- Actively participates in high level conferences or meetings on issues of considerable consequence or importance.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering required.
- At least six to ten years relevant experience or MS degree plus four to six years experience.
- PhD with two to five years experience.
- Recognized nationally as an expert and consultant in specialized engineering areas
- Ability to evaluate all business factors related to project / program and make sound recommendations that meet broad goals and company priorities
- Specialist knowledge of at least one Our Client's or related product line or significant knowledge of multiple technologies, products and applications.
- Demonstrated mastery of an area of engineering which may cross engineering and scientific disciplines
- Demonstrates proficiency in mentoring, thinking creatively and project planning.
- Demonstrated ability to apply advanced laws, principles, theorems and mathematics or industry knowledge in the improvement and development of technologies.
- Consistently demonstrates creativity and innovation in finding solutions and alternatives
- Solid understanding of internal economic factors (cost, margins, profit impact of decisions) affecting assignment areas.
- Must be proficient in use of CAD and Database systems related to Engineering functions.