PROJECT MANAGER required by our client, an international oil and gas Contractor, to be assigned on a Permanent basis, located in Houston, TX.
The Project Manager plans, manages, and coordinates assigned project(s). Manages the detail project execution schedule and financial performance of the project in order to deliver a quality product, on time and at the lowest achievable cost consistent with maintenance of Our Client's supplier base and deference to the company's goal of obtaining repeat business.
- Serves as the primary internal contact with management for the Project and coordinates communication between the various functional areas and other Our Client's or partner product areas involved in the project. Ensures that the project status and progress is effectively communicated to the Our Client's Project Team and to the customer.
- Prepares scope of work and project execution plans. Ensures that the scope of work and project execution plans are effectively communicated to the Our Client's Project Team and to the customer. Monitors compliance with the execution and defined scope of work of the project.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for the customer after the sale. Builds and maintains trust and positive relationships with customer and other suppliers associated with the project in keeping with the goal of enhancing future business opportunities.
- Facilitates the technical overview and implements the technical system interface within their scope of the project.
- Assists with the development of a project schedule meeting the contract requirements. Monitors compliance with the defined project objectives and project management processes to ensure the timely completion of project milestones and final delivery.
- Assists with the development and communication of the project budget. Approves all project related expenditures as authorized and manages costs to meet budget commitments. Ensures that adequate resources are applied to the project.
- Defines team member responsibilities and tracks and monitors individual performance, quality of output and the impact of output on project delivery and profitability. Develops and tracks personnel objectives and coordinates the career growth process by recommending training and development opportunities.
- Ensures that a document control procedure is in place and is followed.
- Establishes and maintains a documented quality system as a means of ensuring that all elements of the Project conform to contract requirements, specific certificate standards and regulatory requirements.
- Works to enhance project profitability through improved budget and bid accuracy and drive toward standardized systems, procedures and products as appropriate.
- Champions standardized processes and procedures to reduce project lead-time and maximize resources.
- Leads value engineering efforts and design innovation feedback to enhance Our Client's future product desirability.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- BA or BS in Business Administration, Engineering, Procurement, Construction Management, or related field.
- Must have an understanding of Project Management processes and a thorough knowledge of organizational structure and inter relationships between functions.
- 8 - 10 years of experience in relevant disciplines with a broad based knowledge of inter relationships plus 4 - 7 years of experience in a capital EPIC project related function with
- implementation of project management, progress measurement and scheduling techniques and standards.
- Must possess and ability to communicates effectively within and across functions.
- MS Office skills with proficiency in spreadsheets, word processing, relational databases, and project management software