SENIOR STRUCTURAL ENGINEER required by our client, to be hired on a long duration contract basis, located in Singapore
- Perform structural engineering services such as:
- The structural engineer will participate in relevant meetings, prepare progress reports and follow required checking procedures;
- The structural engineer will ensure the project scope is clear and that changes comply with project change management processes;
- Aid and advice during procurement, construction and commissioning activities. For example, write requisitions, conduct technical bid evaluations and write purchase orders.
- If required, act as the structural engineering Lead on specific projects.
- The structural engineer will outline project requirements including actively promoting workshare, where appropriate, assign tasks and supervise progress
- Keep up-to-date with the latest developments and technical innovations in structural engineering.
- If required, assist and support junior personnel within the structural engineering team.
- Communicate effectively with the structural engineering team and project stakeholders, including the Customer.
- Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in offshore oil and gas industry with a focus on leading the structural discipline on offshore and FPSO/FPU projects
- Strong and broad technical knowledge across most aspects of offshore oil and gas development
- Sound knowledge of structural engineering processes and tools
- Ability to handle problems and difficult situations under pressure circumstances
- Dynamic and enthusiastic approach is essential