GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION SYSTEMS ANALYST required by our client, an international oil and gas Operator, to be assigned on a Permanent basis, located in Houston, TX.
The GIS Analyst will work in close cooperation with Senior GIS staff to support engineering, commercial, management and operations personnel, providing them with the products they require. Project related activities include development of presentation quality maps, site and route assessment, commercial and customer research, spatial data analysis and querying, data editing, and map production
- Design/create effective maps, presentation graphics, and other products that can be used to effectively communicate with targeted audiences (i.e. permitting figures, high-level presentation maps and engineering drawings) with a focus on quality and timeliness of work product.
- Provide development and engineering staff with accurate geographic information to be used in routing and construction estimates for new projects.
- Maintain and check quality of spatial and tabular natural gas infrastructure databases using various maps and data sources.
- Research energy industry information.
- Coordinate with outside companies and organizations to obtain data and geographic information.
- Interpret relevant data and information from a variety of industry, government and public sources.
- Create and acquire new geographic datasets.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree IN Geography, GIS, Engineering, or a related field
Years of Experience
- 3+ Relevant project experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Description - Proficiency
- Working knowledge of ArcMap, Microsoft Excel and AutoCAD - Intermediate
- Proficiency with Adobe Suite; Acrobat, Illustrator, Photoshop a plus - Beginner
- Proficiency with ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Online - Beginner
- Ability to work with multiple parties and clients. Have the ability to create effective maps and presentation graphics for various uses - Intermediate
- Ability to represent complex data relationships in simple, easy to visualize formats - Beginner
- Have strong research skills - Beginner
- Have a strong working knowledge of GIS, SCADA, and databases - Beginner
- Position requires self-motivation and direction - Intermediate
- Must be able to know when to consult subject matter experts and go back to supervisor or client for more direction - Intermediate