SPS QA/QC LEAD required by our client, an international oil and gas Operator, to be assigned on a Contract basis, located in Houston, TX.
Duration: 24 Months ongoing
- The job holder is responsible, within the SPS Package, for coordinating the Quality Assurance and Quality Surveillance activities. The job holder ensures that:
- Project and Package QMS are duly implemented by team members;
- The EPC Contractor Quality Management System is fully developed, established & maintained in compliance with the EPC Contract, and is in particular in line with Contract QUALITY section;
- The EPC Contractor is enforcing his contractual commitments; is implementing properly his Contract Quality Plan and Objectives, is safely, properly and timely performing his activities as per Company specifications, design and codes.
- The job holder will supervise the day to day activities of Contractor and witness the supervisors/inspectors activities during the Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Installation works carried out by contractor or subcontractors.
- The job holder shall monitor, instruct, correct and report the working practices of Contractor as necessary. The job holder shall also liaise actively with the Project Quality Manager and Project Quality Control Leader
- The job holder reports to the Package Manager, highlighting concerns encountered during the performance of his duties.
- The job holder is also accountable for demonstrating an exemplary behavior with regard to HSE rules & requirements and for implementing HSE rules within his area of responsibility.
- Actively participate within SPS Package and the Project for HSSE performance and compliance including monitoring of activities, the implementation of corrective measures for any related issues and the pro-active promotion and implementation of schemes / activities to improve HSSE culture and results.
- Ensure that all QQ/QC work of SPS package activities are performed in compliance with a high regard to Health, Safety, Security and Environmental requirements
- support and enforce the Project Quality Management System and the SPS Quality Management System. To promote the Project Quality Policy and Objectives.
- coordinate the Package QA/QC activities. To ensure that Contractor Quality activities are planned and performed in accordance with Project requirements and Criticality Assessment/Surveillance Plan.
- Supervise SPS Document Controller and insure SPS information life cycle met project requirement
- Develop and implement the SPS Project Audit Program, and as and when requested for his activities related to the package.
- Participate or Lead Audit for Our Client's SPS project - and Witness the Quality Audits performed by the Contractor on their Suppliers.
- Follow-up and tracking of the Correctives Action Requests (CARs) and participate in Contractor investigations of significant Quality failures or other work deficiencies
- To review and approve the other Quality related documents issued by the Contractors and Suppliers and to raise the necessary comments.
- Give advice to Contractors', Subcontractors' and Suppliers' on QA / QC activities for whole coherence and adequacy (format, document control and enforcement) to Quality Specifications and usual/satisfactory practices.
- Review, comment and approve Contractor's QA/QC Documentation/Dossiers for correctness and conformity prior to a structured handover to client.
- Participate to regular Quality reviews and meetings with Contractor. To review quality KPI'S, improvement efforts, quality issues/failures, NCR trends, etc ...
- Ensure a progressive review and compilation of As-Built and Final documentation
- Define and develop a Package Surveillance program covering Contractors and Suppliers
- Coordinate the activities of SPS Package Quality surveillance. To monitor the performance of QC activities by Contractors, Suppliers and Vendors.
- Prepare the Surveillance services orders and to manage the inspection services contract for the package. To valid and sign then the related services time sheets.
- Monitor the implementation of approved Derogations
- Review and assess the Contractor Non-Conformance reports (NCRs) and dispositions.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum Education: Secondary and tertiary engineering qualifications (e.g. Bachelor's Degree as a minimum) and hold an internationally recognized professional / chartered engineer status
- Minimum Experience: 15+ years on Quality role, proven track record in similar positions with minimum of 5 years
- Required Skills / Certifications:
- SPS Equipment
- QA and Surveillance techniques and experience
- Auditing techniques
- Engineering, construction & installation techniques
- Welding painting/coating and NDT techniques
- Documents Management
- Project and Team management
- Language Requirements: Fluent English required