A Facilities Manager is required to work for a leading oil and gas operator, to be hired on a contract basis sin Algeria.
Role and Responsibilities
- Life camp services (multiple camp locations housing +2,000 personnel).
- Ground transportation & heavy equipment fleet (+300 light vehicles +50 pieces of heavy equipment including cranes, forklifts, generators, light plants, vacuum trucks).
- Manage company personnel and contractor service providers involved in life camp operation and maintenance. Includes catering, maintenance, office services, water & sewage treatment, power generation, recreational facilities and landscaping.
- Manage company personnel and contract service providers involved in road transport and heavy equipment support of operations.
- Identify and manage repairs and upgrades to infrastructure & assets.
- Budget and follow all financial aspects of logistics support including budget preparation and cost control of approved budgets.
- Manage all aspects of contract preparation, bidding process technical and commercial evaluations and implementation for logistics service contracts
- Provide an ongoing review of workflow and work processes with the objective of identifying areas/processes of high cost/low efficiency
Skills and Experience
- English & French with Arabic desirable.
- Valid national driving license with International Driving Permit
- Significant experience in remote camp or facilities management - so has likely worked in the Oil & Gas, Mining, Logging or Scientific Research industries.
- Experience in supervisory or management position; of both individuals and outsourced services
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline (such as Hospitality, Hotel Management, or Business Administration) OR
- Equivalent work experience in remote camp or facilities management plus relevant certifications/training
If you are a Facilities Manager looking for work in Algeria, please don't hesitate to apply now!