A Technical Lead is required to work for a leading oil and gas operator, to be hired on a contract basis sin Kongsberg, Norway.
Role and Responsibilities
- To demonstrate an exemplary behavior with regard to HSSE, to ensure his team masters the required HSE competencies, to implement HSSE requirements (including TEPA referential and local rules/laws within his area of responsibility) and to ensure that HSSE issues are properly captured in all the relevant documentation.
- Manage and coordinate the MPP engineering activities of the project in conformity with specifications and HSE rules, and within the agreed budget, schedule and the SOR.
- The FPSO Basic engineering phase will be performed by an engineering Contractor in line with company requirements and will form the basis for the EPCI contract design dossier.
- To be responsible for the right supervision and control of the fabrication and testing of all MPP equipment spread over several fabrication yards, ensuring that QA/QC and H3SE project policies and requirements are duly implemented, and controlling Contractors' achievements in accordance with contractual requirements in all areas.
- Participate actively to the Call for tenders' activities (scope, clarifications evaluations) in relation to MPP Package & prevent changes during contract execution.
- Ensure that the contractors have all the required information to advance its work and report issues and difficulties to the project manager, coordinate meetings between contractors and the project team and PBF members.
- To identify, implement and manage all necessary MPP related engineering studies (performed by
- third parties) within the project specified scope of work and to supervise and control engineering of MPP tenderers/contractors (CCFT tenderers and EPCI contractors) by timely reviewing / validating the documentation issued by contractors (technical documentation / queries / derogation requests), in compliance with Project Specifications and Procedures, with the objective to ensure respect of Schedule, Costs, Quality and Safety.
- To interact effectively with the rest of PBF Management and external stakeholders, including statutory auditors, shareholder auditors and other entities as required
Skills and Experience
- Good communication and negotiations skills with Contractors and Suppliers are required with frequent participation to technical workshops and committees.
- Experience in a similar position within Deep-Water project environment
- Minimum 15 years' professional experience
- Engineering degree or equivalent
- English oral and written mandatory, Oral French advantageous
If you are a Technical Lead looking for work in Norway, please don't hesitate to apply now!