We are looking for a Quantity Surveyor to work with a leading HV/ High Voltage Project Specialist, with a range of offices throughout EMEA
Role and Responsibilities
The quantity surveyor will be responsible for providing commercial support, minimise project costs, add value and ensure all quality and assurance requirements are met.
- Manage day to day commercial and contract activities
- Creation and monitoring of procurement schedule
- Ensure supplier agreement and sub-contractors are managed in accordance with company policies
- Use the agreed costing system for allocation and coding to meet all internal and external requirements
- Providing regular updates/information to ensure contract milestones are achieved
- Payment applications - monthly or as agreed with the client
- Update contract obligations to meet additional client requirements
- Manage Tender Vs Construction Cost analysis
- Manage sub-contractor accounts, providing Project Managers assistance in selecting/appointing sub-contractors, drafting sub-contractor contracts, processing payments and controlling variations.
- Have official handover meeting with estimating team
- Contract Negotiations, agreement of payment terms and milestones
- Liaising with the client and sub-contractors (attending site meetings when required)
- Regular contact with Site Engineers, Site Managers and Project Managers, for project updates and tracking project Variations
- Monitor progress/track changes to the design and/or construction work for in house and subcontractor work and adjust budget projections accordingly
- Providing support and mentorship to develop junior members of the commercial team.
- Responsible for notifying client/senior management of any increased project value or issues which may affect company performance
- Responsible for production and presentation of monthly cost reports to Commercial Manager.
- Previous Quantity Surveyor experience, ideally on similar HV/ High Voltage projects
- Experience within the construction industry mandatory, ideally electrical experience
- Good communication skills
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills
- Excellent Microsoft office skills