A senior reservoir engineer is required to work with a leading European operator in their London office.
The senior reservoir engineer will responsible for the following
- Assess, and where necessary, challenge operator work and proposals particularly from the reservoir engineering perspective.
- Survey well performance for specific fields as required.
- Provide support for M&A projects on an ad hoc basis.
- Share technical capabilities and knowhow with other members of the team as appropriate.
- Oversee reservoir engineering assets
- Determine resource / reserves for developmental projects.
- Develop and maintain dynamic models for specific fields (oil, gas and gas condensate) as required.
- Work with other members of the subsurface and the topsides engineering team to optimise project definition both in the developed fields and exploration areas.
Skills/ Experience Required
- Qualification in Petroleum Engineering
- Recent experience of reservoir simulation with Petex suite, Eclipse and Petrel RE software
- Hands on experience of well test software (Saphir)
- Experience of well performance prediction and evaluation
- Reserves evaluation - familiar with SPE PRMS
- Experience offshore in UK waters
- Experience of Asset evaluation
- Hands on experience and good understanding of all reservoir engineering disciplines involved in field appraisal, development and production (PVT, SCAL, well lift, well test analysis, well logging, well operations)
- Appreciation of the importance and applicability of geoscience. Evidence of interaction with geologists, geophysicists, petrophysicists and topsides engineers in simulation.
- Willingness to work offshore occasionally, if required.
- Strong stakeholder engagement, presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Simulation (Petex suite, Petrel RE & Eclipse)
- Well Test Analysis (KAPPA suite)
- Analytical reservoir engineering techniques
If you're a reservoir engineer looking for a step up, or a senior reservoir engineer looking for a new role, please don't hesitate to apply now.