HULL CONSTRUCTION ENGINEER required by our client, an international oil and gas Contractor, to be assigned on a Contract basis, located in South Korea.
Duration: 18 months
- Provide construction, fabrication and facility installation management expertise and support for the FPSO project as it transitions through the phases of including detailed design, fabrication, installation and hook-up and commissioning.
- To ensure that the facilities are installed so that they can be operated in a manner that is safe, efficient, environmentally acceptable and cost effective.
- To ensure the facilities are fabricated, installed, commissioned and fully operational in accordance with the project master schedule to meet the customer's business objectives.
- To ensure the facilities are supplied in accordance with the drawings and specifications on schedule, within budget, and achieved with zero safety incidents, environmental and ethical incidents.
- Ensure the project conforms to the customer's approved Basis of Design and all applicable regulatory and code requirements.
- Visibly support Our Client's OneWayTM Program and maintain HSE focus within the team to ensure HSE requirements included in design, procurement and installation.
- Demonstrate a commitment to protect the health and safety of everyone involved on the projects.
- Demonstrate respect and care for the environment and systematically manage risks.
- Establish, maintain and build healthy customer relationships and resolve project issues as required with the customer.
- Proactively resolve performance, scope and schedule issues with the customer as they arise.
- Effectively manage assigned budgets within Our Client's total scope.
- Ensure compliance with WPMP.
- Ensure compliance with requirements of the contract.
- Apply effective change control process.
- Provides constructability input during the engineering and fabrication phase of project.
- Monitor cost aspects of the project within direct control and forecast final costs, identify trends and take action to avoid cost overruns.
- Manages facility construction progress while maintaining project schedules, controlling cost, and monitoring quality.
- Supervises the efforts of the facilities group construction personnel.
- Ensures the proper staffing levels are maintained with qualified personnel to support the Company's asset development and facility upgrade projects.
- Manages construction staff project assignments and project priorities.
- Attends project progress and interface meetings, as needed.
- Effective communication with the construction team and third parties.
- Accurate, timely and effective reporting to the Project Manager.
- Monitor the closure of all identified risks in the risk register and proactively search for other areas in the project which may be a risk in the future.
- Assist as required the procurement processes throughout the project to ensure goods meet specification, are delivered on time and are within budget.
- Technical and Industry Experience
- Previous technical, practical and leadership experience in FPSO construction and proven experience in leading a construction team.
- Ability to plan and organize activities and effect their implementation on a timely basis, through the various project execution phases in order to support the project's overall cost and schedule objectives.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree in Engineering
- Experience on FPSO construction teams involving the fabrication and installation of FPSO topsides will be of particular interest.
- Minimum 15 years' experience in offshore oil and gas industry with a focus on complex project execution which includes FPSO construction.
- Strong and broad technical knowledge across most aspects of oil and gas development.
- Sound knowledge of project execution processes and tools, including planning, scheduling and estimating.
- Honest and ethical when dealing with others.
- Must have strong management and leadership skills and also be capable of easily and productively working in a multi-cultural team environment.
- Ability to handle problems and difficult situations under pressure circumstances.
- Dynamic and enthusiastic approach is essential.