FPSO Buoy Construction Manager, required by our client, an international oil and gas Operator, to be hired on a contract basis, located in Batam Island, Indonesia.
- Provide construction and fabrication expertise and support for the FPSO buoy as it transitions through the phases of detailed design and fabrication.
- Ensure that the FPSO buoy is fabricated to operate in a manner that is safe, efficient, environmentally acceptable and cost effective.
- Ensure that the FPSO buoy is constructed and fully operational in accordance with the project master schedule to meet the Customer's business objectives.
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with applicable Codes and Standards within the boundaries of the Asset Basis of Design.
- Specific Accountabilities
- Technical, practical and leadership experience in FPSO buoy construction and proven experience in working within a construction team.
- Assist with the development of buoy fabrication plans and schedules.
- Managing the fabrication of the FPSO buoy and significant liaison with the turret integration and interfaces, including the review of associated plans and procedures, and will assist with the system completion and turnover to commissioning and operations.
- Interfacing with FPSO topsides, SURF and subsea production system equipment teams.
- Oversight of Customer's Contractor representatives needed to oversee effective FPSO buoy fabrication, turret integration and system completion.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in construction and fabrication of new build FPSO buoy.
- Degree in Engineering or commensurate experience.
- Minimum 15 years' experience in offshore oil and gas industry with a focus on complex project execution including FPSO projects.
- Strong and broad technical knowledge of FPSO buoy fabrication.
- Sound experience with buoy construction and fabrication, including integration of internal disconnectable turrets.
- Must have strong leadership skills and also be capable of easily and productively working in a multi-cultural team environment.
- Ability to handle problems and difficult situations under pressure circumstances.
- Dynamic and enthusiastic approach is essential