PIPELAYING SUPERINTENDENT, required by our client, an international oil and gas Operator, to be hired on a contract basis, located in Uganda.
- The position holder will be responsible for supervising Sogea Satom Uganda's construction sites while maintaining standards of health and safety, quality, environmental impact and cost control in such a manner as to support operations in the most efficient way possible. This position directly reports to the Site Manager.
- Ensure respect of the schedule and efficiency of work
- Verification of layouts and carrying out quality control on site
- Organize teams per tasks to be done and take all measures for the proper execution of work
- Ensure rational use of resources made available and determine the extra needs if necessary with site management
- Ensure respect of contract specifications, use of approved documents and quality of work under their responsibility
- Follow up the equipment consumption
- Develop operating procedures and ensure their implementation
- Ensure respect of production costs for their work and inform his superiors of any abuse noticed
- Ensure maintenance and good use of available equipment
- Check quantitative data of achieved works
- Ensure application of QHSE rules for all works under his / her responsibility and inform his / her managers in case of any anomalies
- Respect the requirements of the quality, safety and environment management system.
- Be the driving force for proposals in line with company guidelines
- Participate in the company's improvement dynamic
- Respect the procedures and instructions which are in effect.
- Ensure compliance with laws and regulations governing the work
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 10 years' experience in supervision of sites
- Specialized and experienced in civil works and pipelaying
- Fluent in English