Mentor IMC Group are currently sourcing for a DESIGN ENGINEER, required by our client, to be hired on permanent basis, located in London.
- The requirement is to support the operational teams during both tender and implementation stages of projects with a wide range of transmission overhead line design activities and to develop and lead an 'in-house' design capability that can provide design services to UK DNOs and TSOs.
- A significant part of the role will be to support the Business Units strategic plan in developing business with new and existing customers, in both a support role for construction projects and as a lead manager for design services.
- To appoint and provide training where necessary and manage design staff in accordance with the Business Unit strategy, and to ensure effective management of the design team
- Business development with DNOs and TSOs, including prospecting, tendering and delivering design services.
- The management of all design elements within tender and construction phases of construction contracts.
- Representing client within the global engineering network/clubs
- The review and cascading of current industry standards.
- The Safety, Health and Environmental awareness of all design staff.
- The quality of ALL design submissions.
- Discharging the responsibilities of the Designer under the CDM regulations.
- The promotion and enforcement of company procedures to design staff
- The review of method statements/risk assessments
- The development and implementation of new industry software where applicable
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Ability to take responsibility for all design elements of new build and refurbishment of overhead transmission lines in the UK
- Ability to develop a client overhead line design capability to provide services to the DNO/TSO market
- Preferable BSc/BEng in Structural or Civil Engineering with 15 Years OHL design and construction industry experience.
- Must have a detailed understanding of the latest OHL design practices, standards and analysis software systems.
- Must have suitable site experience in a supervisory role, which should include foundation setting out/construction, structure assembly/erection, conductor erection and temporary works.