We are looking for a quantity surveyor to work for a leading engineering client of ours working on projects with distribution network operators on a full-time basis out of Kent.
The quantity surveyor will be working for a specialist in HV project, with offices throughout EMEA and Africa.
- Manage day to day commercial and contract activities
- Creation and monitoring of procurement schedule
- Ensure supplier agreement and sub-contractors are managed in accordance with company policies
- Use the agreed costing system for allocation and coding to meet all internal and external requirements
- Providing regular updates/information to ensure contract milestones are achieved
- Payment applications - monthly or as agreed with the client
- Update contract obligations to meet additional client requirements
- Manage Tender Vs Construction Cost analysis
- Manage sub-contractor accounts, providing Project Managers assistance in selecting/appointing sub-contractors, drafting sub-contractor contracts, processing payments and controlling variations.
- Have official handover meeting with estimating team
- Contract Negotiations, agreement of payment terms and milestones
- Liaising with the client and sub-contractors (attending site meetings when required)
- Regular contact with Site Engineers, Site Managers and Project Managers, for project updates and tracking project Variations
- Monitor progress/track changes to the design and/or construction work for in house and subcontractor work and adjust budget projections accordingly
- Providing support and mentorship to develop junior members of the commercial team.
- Responsible for notifying client/senior management of any increased project value or issues which may affect company performance
- Responsible for production and presentation of monthly cost reports to Commercial Manager.
- Experience within the construction industry as a quantity surveyor previously
- Electrical experience desirable
- Ability to build strong working relationships
- Excellent Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Skills
If you're a quantity surveyor looking for a new opportunity in the area, please don't hesitate to apply now.