A very well-respected energy company is currently seeking a Senior Quantity Surveyor for their West Midlands based office.
Duties will include:
- Procurement of sub-contractors and the preparation of contract documents
- Preparation of initial project budgets and thereafter maintaining them on a regular basis through the life cycle of the project.
- Preparation and agreement of variations.
- Ensure that a detailed measure of works completed is maintained on an ongoing basis.
- Timely submission of cost/value reconciliations
- Manage sub-contractor valuations and associated payments
- Maintain labour cost scheduling in conjunction with the Project Managers.
- Maintain accurate cost reporting systems and associated projections
- Completion of internal monthly cost forecasting and project reviews.
- Preparation of all final account documentation.
- Assist in developing and improving all relevant IT reporting and control systems within your sphere of operation.
- Assist in estimating process providing cost build ups and cash flow forecasts.
- Review conditions of contract for tenders and advise of areas of risk.
- Attendance at meetings as required.
- A third level qualification in Quantity Surveying with a minimum of at least two years post qualification experience preferably in a construction environment with a civil engineering bias.
- Highly IT literate with experience of applying general / specialist packages within QS context.
- Previous experience of negotiating and interpreting conditions of contract.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills combined with the analytical skills to reach realistic workable solutions.
- A strong commercial focus with an ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to use initiative to develop new approaches and improve systems.
- The flexibility and adaptability to succeed within a demanding business with high levels of motivation and evidence of being a self-starter.
- Good decision making and problem-solving skills and the ability to work on own initiative with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team and be able to negotiate and use conflict resolution skills where appropriate.
- A flexible / adaptable approach to job role, working away from home when required and to a fast-changing business environment.
- Highly motivated with strong levels of accountability and ownership.
- Flexibility to travel throughout the UK when required.
- A working knowledge of Standard forms of Contract