LNG Engineering Manager required by our client, an international oil and gas Operator, to be assigned on a Permanent basis, located in Houston, TX.
- The Engineering Manager (EM) is accountable for the technical design development of the project, including the scope definition, review and approval of the final technical design provided by the Contractor conducting the Feasibility, Pre-FEED, FEED and/or EPC.
- The EM will assist in the development, administering and monitoring of the technical work during the mentioned varied phases of the project work.
- The Engineering Manager provides guidance, coordination and monitoring the compliance of the technical engineering design with applicable codes, regulatory requirements, industry standards, project philosophies and specifications and the scope of work, including the technical documents required/reviewed for the procurement of equipment and materials.
- The Engineering Manager functionally reports to the E&C Technical Director but while on project reports to the Project Manager.
- The EM has direct reports in the engineering disciplines including: Process Engineering, Mechanical Rotating and Static Equipment, Electrical, Process Control & Instrumentation, Civil and Structural engineering, Piping & Plant Design, Process Safety & Fire Protection.
- This position is located in the Contractors office conducting the FEED and/or EPC, or in the Our Client's E&C offices in Houston.
- Functionally the Engineering Manager reports to the E&C Technical Director.
- Works with Project Manager and E&C Technical Director's team on all engineering related aspects to ensure quality, on time and cost-effective project execution of the technical design
- Ensures quality of engineering and design services and deliverables of both direct and subcontracted work complying with project scope, codes and industry standards and regulatory requirements in support of the overall project schedule
- Provides leadership in review and approval of project issues such as design assumptions, heat & material balance, equipment and material selection, operation & maintenance and compliance with design standards and environmental regulations
- Attends and participates in all project key meetings organized by Project Manager and Engineering Services. Conducts technical coordination meetings with relevant parties.
- Reviews drawings, schedules, specifications, and permits to ensure compliance with project requirements. Make proper decision for FEED and/or EPC Contractor not to stop and/or hold the project construction activities.
- Works collaboratively with the Project Manager and manages the engineering technical work to ensure timely deliverables and proper and efficient interface management between the engineering disciplines.
- Works with the E&C Construction Manager to review engineering plans to facilitate plant constructability, and management of work to meet construction work area scheduled sequencing.
- Works with the E&C Construction Manager and the Operations Manager to review equipment reliability, location, capital spares and access for plant operability and maintainability.
- Develops and coordinates with contractors the required vendor shop inspections and hold/witness tests.
- Reviews and provides input on contractor payments and change order requests
- Provides technical support as required to field engineering
- Collaborates with Commissioning and Start-up engineers to facilitate start-up of the project and ensures efficient turnover of plant to operations and maintenance staff
- Coordinates review of project engineering activities with the operations and maintenance staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering Required
- Advanced engineering or business degree and Professional Engineer license Preferred
- Minimum 15 years energy industry experience Required
- Minimum 7 years in a leadership role in a major process engineering project Required
- Minimum 3 years in engineering management preferably on a LNG Liquefaction design or LNG Liquefaction design or in the LNG industry Required
Skills and Abilities
- Strong knowledge of LNG liquefaction design and operation.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Strong knowledge of quality assurance and control practices.
- Strong knowledge in HAZOP (Hazard and Operability) studies in oil & gas field.
- Team player with demonstrated ability to influence and manage a team to get results.
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral, Effective computer skills including project management, spreadsheets, database, word processing, and presentation software.
- Strong knowledge in engineering and construction standards, materials, and companies/vendors processes
- Sound knowledge of engineering processes.
- Ability to effectively lead, delegate and motivate.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to create a strong and collaborative team environment.
- Self-starter with ability to work strategically under little direction.
- Ability to focus on meeting/exceeding performance parameters.
- Attention to details.
- Ability to assist in development of employee training programs and their evaluations.
- Knowledge of the diverse types of equipment in the facility. A participative leader that offers opinion and direction when appropriate or required
Licenses and Certifications
- Professional Engineer license Preferred