SOFTWARE CONTROL SYSTEMS ENGINEER, required by our client, an international oil and gas Operator, to be hired on a permanent basis, located in Cheshire, UK.
- Actively participates in the whole life cycle of delivering projects, from start to finish.
- Foster great relationships with customers, suppliers and colleagues.
- Produce design and test documentation.
- Develop PLC, HMI and SCADA software.
- Perform testing with customers.
- Carry out on-site commissioning.
- Compile training manuals and run customer training sessions.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Intermediate-level experience with Siemens and other major brands of PLC and SCADA/HMI platforms, with an appetite to learn new technologies.
- 5+ years' experience writing software and working with customers delivery projects.
- Good understanding of setting up, commissioning, and fault finding of industrial networks (DeviceNet, Profibus, ProfiNet, Ethernet) preferred, but not essential.
- Experience working in an engineering environment.
- Thinks outside the box and pushes the boundaries.
- Highly motivated, organised and flexible.
- Positive, personable and happy team player.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK.