TRAINING MANAGER, required by our client, an international oil and gas Operator, to be hired on a contract basis, located in Hassi Messaoud, Algeria.
- Monitor and evaluate employees' and contractor employees' HSE performance Motivate and coach others to improve HSE leadership and culture Perform investigations following an HSE incident.
- Collaborates with field managers, Drilling/Civils operations, centralised teams and others to identify, develop, deliver and evaluate training initiatives and projects
- Embed a culture within the leadership of GB that aids progression toward becoming a true 'Learning Organisation'
- Manage annual training budget of ~2.5 Million USD
- Assist department managers and SME's to identify technical and soft skills development requirements
- Establish short and longer-term prioritized development programs
- Budget, plan and contract to acquire the resources necessary for training and manage the logistics to effectively deliver programs
- Evaluate results and drive continuous improvement in all training/development initiatives.
- Coordinate and integrate mentoring from SME's into development programs.
- Provide management oversight plus coaching, systems and procedures to develop local training coordinators and streamline procedures for training delivery
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Likely to have degree level education or equivalent in either
- an Engineering, Geoscience or other scientific discipline, and/or
- an adult education, Management, Human Resources or Training discipline
- Required to have work experience in an Engineering, Geoscience or Operations/Maintenance function, but also have significant work experience with Training functions of organisations and/or educational establishments
- Significant experience in the development and implementation of training programs and best practices for a large and diverse organization; ideally including remote work locations
- Demonstratable experience of embedding Systematic Approach to Training (SAT) within an organisation's development programs
- Practical experience scoping training requirements for commercial bids and selecting training providers.
- Project management and planning skills
- Influence and coaching skills of senior, experienced leaders
- Experience within the Exploration & Production industry would be a significant advantage, but experience in comparable industries also considered
- English required, French would be advantageous, Arabic would be beneficial
- Proven ability to work in a culturally diverse, remote and challenging environment