SUBMITTALS QUALITY CONTROL ENGINEER required by our client, an international construction Contractor, to be assigned on a Permanent basis, located in Bristol or Kingsport, TN.
- Responsible for ensuring that quality control processes and procedures meet the joint venture standards at the project site at Our Client's location in TN.
- Project is expected to last through end of 2020.
- Office person to work in daily progress submittals for elements installed. Field work required to understand the works, but it will be minimum.
- An individual experienced in submittal perpetrations. Detailed and organized. Experience in document control is preferred.
- Capable to keep tasks related to submittal preparation, accuracy completeness on schedule.
- Responsible to ensure all daily submittals are complete with all the information required before submission to the client.
- Ensure all quality data is captured in accordance with the approved standards.
- Ensure all the information is saved electronically on the joint venture server to the appropriate folder with the appropriate file nomenclature.
- Capable of making independent decisions; whilst being appreciative of department managers and existing protocols.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Associate degree in Civil Engineering or Construction related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of QC experience with an emphasis on heavy civil construction
- MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of the construction process means and methods, and materials, their characteristics, installation procedures and tolerances.
- Excellent team working and adaptability.
- Attention to detail.
- Lift, carry, pull and push at least 40 pounds
- Converse effectively using both verbal and written communication.
- Make decisions and assume accountability.
- Concentrate on tasks.
- Demonstrate ability to manage stress and emotions as related to the workplace.
- Identify and resolve conflict.
- Assess safety and risk.