WEST REGIONAL MANAGER required by our client, an international construction Contractor, to be assigned on a Permanent basis, located in Denver, CO or Salt Lake City, UT.
- Provide overall management to insure short- and long-term revenue and margin as per Regional Development Business plan. Position can be based out of either Denver, CO or Salt Lake City, UT.
- Ensures that all of Our Client's and OSHA safety regulations are met and considered in the project acquisition process.
- Manage the people working within your Region.
- Lead the regional team in accordance with the strategy in the Regional Business Development Plan.
- Develop accurate market knowledge for future development strategy.
- Develop relationships with customer decision maker(s).
- Support, control and evaluate the business development actions of those in the Region.
- Annually propose the budget for the Region; specifying margin and revenue.
- Organize and delegate the incoming inquiries and leads to the Regional commercial department and/or the home office Estimating Department.
- Manage the strategy for closing of proposals, analyzing risks, and set the selling price. Directly or indirectly involved in the selling strategy and support the Regional team in this process.
- At times will undertake the role of bid leader for some proposals.
- Supervises and trains staff assigned to Region.
- Ensures a smooth and effective contract transfer process to the operation team.
- Recognizes the importance to be knowledgeable of all of Our Client's policies and ensures that they are adhered to (i.e. safety, quality, drug testing, travel, etc.).
- Works on Our Client's initiatives as assigned.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
Education & Training:
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or related degree
- OSHA 10-hour training course
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Project Manager.
- 5 years (min.) experience with client meetings, screening and evaluating project opportunities, and making presentations about project work.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge (Minimum 10 years) of geotechnical engineering and construction techniques.
- Advanced skill level with client interaction, risk analysis, written and oral presentation, design management, and sales.
- Advanced skills in relationship and contact creation.
- Advanced skill in strategic vision in projects acquisition.
- Advanced knowledge in job costing programs and systems.
- Advanced knowledge in bidding process and software.
- Advanced knowledge in contract negotiations and review.
- Make decisions and assume accountability.
- Concentrate on tasks.
- Demonstrate ability to manage stress and emotions as related to the workplace.
- Attention to detail.
- Identify and resolve conflict.
- Assess safety and risk.
- Expert in team building initiatives.
- Converse effectively using both verbal and written communication
- Physical Requirements:
- Lift, carry, pull and push at least 40 pounds.
- Travel per the company travel policy, often overnight and away from home.