QUALITY CONTROL TECHNICIAN required by our client, an international construction Contractor, to be assigned on a Permanent basis, located in Bristol or Kingsport, TN.
- Responsible for ensuring that all quality control processes and procedures meet the joint venture at Our Client's Project.
- Project is expected to last through end of 2020.
- Perform quality control tasks delegated to them by the Contract Quality Control Manager and/or Contractor Quality Shift Leader. Inspect the work and complete required documentation, effectively communicate with Contractor's and Owner's Staff.
- Understand and enforce contract and work plans requirements.
- Have a thorough and complete knowledge of the Quality Control Plan and the Work Plan.
- The position requires completing all portions of the required checklists and logs, ensures all quality data is captured, have appropriate signatures where required, and scan the documents into the computer to the appropriate folder with the appropriate file nomenclature upon immediate completion of the task.
- Perform slurry testing and train laborers on all digging rigs how to monitor slurry in accordance with the approved workplan. Check periodically to make sure they are filling the forms out properly.
- Take daily pictures and download into the computer.
- Provide detailed daily report of all monitored activities.
- Run verticality tests on excavated elements/boreholes as required. This includes use and knowledge of SAAScan, Koden, and Inclinometer tools.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Associate degree in Civil Engineering or Construction related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of QC experience with an emphasis on heavy civil construction
- MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of the construction process, means and methods, and materials, their characteristics, installation procedures and tolerances.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent team working and adaptability.
- Lift, carry, pull and push at least 40 pounds
- Converse effectively using both verbal and written communication.
- Make decisions and assume accountability.
- Concentrate on tasks.
- Demonstrate ability to manage stress and emotions as related to the workplace.
- Identify and resolve conflict.
- Assess safety and risk.