CUTOFF WALL LOGGER required by our client, an international construction Contractor, to be assigned on a Permanent basis, located in Bristol or Kingsport, TN.
- Responsible for logging the excavation/drilling of each element of the cutoff wall and verification testing borings.
- Project assignment is expected to last through end of 2020.
- Have a thorough and complete knowledge of the Quality Control Plan and the Work Plan.
- Logging the excavation of each element of the cutoff wall and verification testing borings. The scope requires special focus on the determination, in conjunction with the Owner's representative, of the limits of the epikarst subsurface layer and the top of bedrock.
- The position requires completing all portions of the required checklists and logs, ensures all the data is captured, have appropriate signatures where required, and scan the documents into the computer to the appropriate folder with the appropriate file nomenclature upon immediate completion of the element/borehole.
- Verification of data accuracy and completeness is a must.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Associate degree in Geology, Geotechnical, Civil Engineering or Construction related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of QC experience with an emphasis on heavy civil construction
- MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of the construction process, means and methods, and materials, their characteristics, installation procedures and tolerances.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent team working and adaptability.
- Lift, carry, pull and push at least 40 pounds
- Converse effectively using both verbal and written communication.
- Make decisions and assume accountability.
- Concentrate on tasks.
- Demonstrate ability to manage stress and emotions as related to the workplace.
- Identify and resolve conflict.
- Assess safety and risk.