RESERVOIR SIMULATION ENGINEER, required by our client, an international oil and gas Operator, to be hired on a contract basis, located in Hassi Messaoud, Algeria.
- Build reservoir simulation models to characterize and describe oil, gas, and gas condensate reservoirs and to history match these models to available field data.
- Use reservoir simulation models to optimize the value of the field development plans, forecast reservoir performance, and estimate reserves based on different recovery schemes.
- Use Regional simulation model to perform global studies (gas handling, NGL, de-bottlenecking, etc)
- Knowledge of hydrocarbon fluid characterization using an equation-of-state model, and also of Special Core Analysis knowledge would be beneficial.
- Work closely with G&G team to ensure good consistency in static reservoir model building.
- Work closely with Petroleum and Operations Engineers to generate, monitor, and ensure execution of short-term and long-term data gathering plans for their field (well tests, production logging tests, formation pressure data, etc.)
- Utilize petroleum engineering software pertaining to well test analysis, material balance, production logging, nodal analysis
- Participate as a leader in a multi-disciplinary team of engineers, geoscientists, and petroleum engineers, comprising both ex-pats and Algerian nationals. Have skills to bring projects to completion.
- Motivate, mentor, and lead others.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Engineering/Science degree essential. Master's in Petroleum Engineering preferred, or Bachelor's in Engineering with professional engineering accreditation.
- Knowledge of French an advantage
- Candidates for this job should have significant petroleum industry experience as a Reservoir Engineer, including time spent in reservoir simulation and model development, both black-oil and fully compositional.
- Experience of modeling waterflood / miscible gas floods and history matching is essential. Water-alternating-gas (WAG) flooding experience is preferred, as is experience using the Landmark VIP and Nexus reservoir simulators.
- Good practical knowledge of a production environment, and history of working closely with Production and Operations Engineers. Good knowledge of reservoir surveillance / data management (planning, monitoring).
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse, remote and challenging environment.
- Individual must be a strong team player, be self-motivated, and willing to provide leadership when required. Effective problem-solving skills and communication (both oral and written).