COMPLETIONS ENGINEER, required by our client, an international oil and gas Operator, to be hired on a contract basis, located in Algeria.
- Prioritize the importance of safe operations in all work programme.
- Planning, programming, coordination and end of job reporting for all completions and workovers
- Planning and coordinating well operations within given area of responsibility
- Raising and approving work requests and work orders relating to Well Operations, including delegation to other approved team members.
- Seek approval of Well Supervisor when additional resources (personnel/equipment) are required.
- Manage contracts through coordinators for dedicated resources and through call out supervisors for call out resources. Where necessary, assign field supervision to intervention and other well operations.
- Optimize operational frequency to operate within approved budgetary limits.
- Ensure that all operations are carried out in accordance with approved well operations procedures.
- Maintain a “lessons learned” database and recommend additions, deletions and updates to the approved well operations programs.
- Recommend improvements to operational methods and procedures which streamline the process from work request to job completion report.
- Introduce an effective method of operational programming and where appropriate, use the advantage of 'global' programs for routine operations.
- Set minimum operating standards for contractor performance and benchmark performance. Use the benchmarking initiative to develop a method of measuring 'continuous improvement' of all service providers.
- Ensure that all operational data, required by the Subsurface and Production departments is relevant, accurate and delivered in an acceptable format and in an acceptable timescale.
- Weekly checks that the operational well files have been accurately updated to reflect all intervention work completed.
- Prepare, in a timely manner, all operational budgetary information (Opex & Capex) for inclusion in the Engineering & Production annual operations budget and mid-year reviews.
- Review and approve all contractor field service tickets and subsequent invoices within area of responsibility.
- Pre-approve and recommend all major programme changes to Well Supervisor.
- Regularly audit the minutes of pre and post operational meetings, safety briefings and toolbox talks. Such audit data to be filed and used in assessing Contractor performance.
- Approve all work permits relating to well operations and interventions within area of responsibility.
- Set up enquiries and investigations into all incident and accidents occurrences.
- Close out work orders on completion or cancellation of operations.
- Research and introduce new technology.
- Mentor, train and develop less experienced personnel.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree or equivalent in Petroleum Engineering or a related discipline
- OR Relevant experience and evidence of associated training/qualifications
- A current IWCF Certification in Workover Well Control is required
- The completions engineer will have significant and extensive experience in Well Engineering, Well Construction and Well Intervention.
- The engineer will have Broad Well Engineering experience including Completions, Workovers, Fishing operations, Well Integrity investigation and remediation, Slickline, Electric Line Logging & Perforating, Well Testing, Coiled Tubing, Stimulation, etc.
- Previous international experience; experience in Algeria is beneficial but not required.
- Fluency in written and spoken English; French language skills would be advantageous but not mandatory.
- Good communication skills.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to work within a multi disciplinary team including production engineers, reservoir engineers and G&G personnel.
- Experience of working in a culturally diverse, remote and challenging environment would be beneficial.