CABLE ENGINEER, required by our client, an international oil and gas Operator, to be hired on a contract basis, located in Glasgow or London, UK.
- To support the Array cable package manager
- To support the development of the design and specification of the array cable and supply and install contracts
- To participate in meetings regarding the inter-array cables installation and supply contracts
- To prepare and review technical and contract documents
- To ensure the electrical and thermal design of the cables are fit for purpose
- Cognisant of qualifying 66kV cable designs
- To review the suitability of designs and ratings produced by suppliers and consultants
- To support the drafting of consultant and survey works commissioned by the project
- Identify and manage risks associated with the Inter-Array Cables supply and electrical design.
- To monitor interfaces with and other parts of the project relating to electrical design
- Including grid compliance, protection and control, SCADA and comms
- To assist in preparation of CAPEX estimates
- Identification of engineering measures to improve the project IRR, including optimisation of losses and utilisation.
- Ensure corporate HSE policies are adhered to in all matters