INSTRUMENT ENGINEER, required by our client, an international oil and gas Operator, to be hired on a contract basis, located in Singapore.
- Lead all phases of instrumentation engineering to ensure that the Project's requirements, as detailed in the Technical Specifications, for all instrument engineering
- Leads instrumentation engineering aspects of the Project with other discipline leads as necessary
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with applicable Codes and Standards within the boundaries of the Basis of Design
- Provide overall instrument engineering technical leadership and expertise
- Lead the EPC contractor's activities with respect to instrumentation including:
- Detailed instrumentation engineering
- Review of development and design of the instrument and control system
- Review of selection, specification, and inspection of instrumentation components
- Instrument specifications, logic and loop diagrams
- Technical bid tabulations for instruments and instrumentation systems
- Provide input for shop tests and Factory Acceptance Tests (FATs), protocols and the events themselves
- Participate in I&C technical specification preparation and bid tabulations
- Participate in Hazardous Operations (HAZOP) reviews
- Supervise and coordinate personnel working on assigned projects.
- Manage project related internal and external communications with customers, suppliers and project personnel.
- Keep stakeholders informed with regular reporting on instrumentation progress
- Coordinate between designers, procurement and logistics personnel
- Safety - Responsible for personal safety--safe working practices for the position and reports, etc.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Instrument & Controls engineering experience on FPSO/FPU projects
- Degree in Engineering
- Minimum 2 years' experience in offshore oil and gas industry with a focus on leading the I&C discipline on offshore and FPSO/FSO projects
- Strong and broad technical knowledge across most aspects of offshore oil and gas development
- Sound knowledge of instrument engineering processes and tools