ELECTRICAL ENGINEER, required by our client, an international oil and gas Operator, to be hired on a contract basis, located in Singapore.
- The electrical engineer will be responsible for all phases of electrical engineering to ensure that all are executed per customer's needs and expectations.
- The electrical engineer will oversee electrical engineering aspects of the Project with other discipline engineers as necessary.
- Manages the interfaces among the EPC contractor's organization
- Ensures all electrical engineering work is carried out in accordance with applicable Codes and Standards within the boundaries of the Basis of Design.
- Provide overall electrical engineering technical leadership and expertise
- Development and design of the electrical systems
- Development of electrical schematics and one-line diagrams
- Selection, specification, and inspection of electrical equipment and components
- Procurement of electrical items including preparation of specifications, bid evaluations, bid
- tabulations, bid recommendations, etc.
- Preparation of operating manuals and other plant start-up planning as required
- Provide input for shop tests and Factory Acceptance Tests (FATs),
- Participate in electrical technical specification preparation and bids
- Participate in Hazardous Operations (HAZOP) reviews (as required)
- Supervise and coordinate personnel working on assigned projects
- Manage project related internal and external communications with customers, suppliers and project personnel
- Coordinate between designers, procurement and logistics personnel
- Safety - Responsible for personal safety--safe working practices for the position and reports, etc.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Electrical engineering experience on FPSO/FSO execution teams
- Experience in planning and management of others is desirable.
- Degree in Engineering
- Experience in offshore oil and gas industry with a focus on leading the electrical discipline on offshore and FPSO/FPU projects
- Strong and broad technical knowledge across most aspects of offshore oil and gas development
- Sound knowledge of electrical engineering processes and tools
- Must have strong management and leadership skills and be capable of easily and productively working in a multi-cultural team environment.
- Ability to handle problems and difficult situations under pressure circumstances
- Dynamic and enthusiastic approach is essential