BOARD OPERATOR LEAD required by our client, an International LNG Operator, to be assigned on a Permanent basis, located in Ensenada, Mexico.
The role of the Lead Board Operator is to supervisor the operation of the Client's LNG terminal facility following the technical and safety procedures and standards according with the Company business plan. The Board Operator performs the operations activities to maintain a reliable operation that complies with all safety, environmental and industry requirements. The Lead Board Operator will report to the Operations Supervisor.
- 20% Lead and manage the Board Operations Team that Implements operation activities at the Client's LNG Terminal facility;
- 15% Operates a DCS control panel to monitor and operate the facility; also to view, enter, control, edit, format, print process, provides operating data that supports daily gas balance, and distribute information
- 15% Performs routine operations on terminal equipment such as inspection, start-up, shut-down, on his/her shift; Performs all work in accordance with sound safety practices and using appropriate safety devices and equipment;
- 15%- Maximize terminal performance, reliability and ensures adherence to technical and operating policies, procedures and standards;
- 10%- Performs all work in accordance with sound safety practices and using appropriate safety devices and equipment; Applies Health, Safety and Environmental Standards in all working procedures;
- 10%- Incumbent base on experience fills the shift supervisor position during his absence; Share on-call duties/responsibilities, Must be able to work scheduled and unscheduled overtime; Serves as the “Person In Charge of Transfer” for (un)loading operations; Occasionally may be required to perform portions of work activities of Operator “A”, “B” or “C” duties as needed;
- 05% May be required in emergency situations to report to work during unscheduled time; Participates in the Emergency Response Actions on his/her shift in an emergency event. Maybe required to assume the duties of the Emergency Response Team Leader on his/her shift in an emergency event; and for incidents that does not require activation or notification of outside agencies/authorities;
- 05% Rotates in the day to day operation activities; fill other shift vacancies as needed; may fill in for the shift supervisor when vacant.
- 05% Performs other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: Operations Process Technology or Technician's degree with a minimum seven years DCS experience in a similar position of responsibility and expertise in an operating LNG Liquefaction facility or equivalent facility with similar processes
- Experience: Experience in LNG production and/or terminal operations or cryogenic experience in natural gas process operations with knowledge of NGL's extraction, fractionation processes, steam/gas turbine operation and electrical power generation.
- Must have a good basic knowledge of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic theory and application and be able to learn to use manuals and other resources to apply that knowledge in operations and other diverse requirements of the job;
- Must possess considerable knowledge and experience in the application/operation of software programs that go beyond basic word processing. Work may involve the development of moderately complex PC spreadsheets, and presentation or graphic materials; maintain electronic log book and electronic valve management program HSE knowledge.
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Strong communication skills; able to direct/guide others
- Self-starter with ability to work strategically with minimal direction;
- Driven to meet and exceed performance parameters;
- Must have DCS control board experience
- Strong attention to details; and experienced in detail control loops
- Prior experience leading a team
- Able to train others;
- Physical stamina and agility sufficient to stand, walk, climb up and down stairs, crawl and bend in confined spaces and engage in similar physical activities for the duration of the daily shift activities, as necessary;
- Capacity for sustained attention to functioning machinery and equipment. Good sensory perception to monitor plant machinery and operations visually, audibly, by smell and by touch on an ongoing basis;
- Able to remain calm and effective in emergencies;
- Strong knowledge of the various operating modes of the facility;
- Able to establish and maintain cooperative working relations with those contacted in the course of work
- Bilingual: Spanish and English