OPERATION - E&C LIAISON required by our client, an International LNG Operator, to be assigned on a Permanent basis, located in Ensenada, Mexico.
The Operations-E&C Liaison is responsible to identify and develop a plan to manage the coordination of the project activities to develop the project to be safely and reliable operated. The activity will support all project Phases from feasibility until handover, and will be involved in all disciplines to ensure that the facily is design and constructed to be commissioned, started and operated following the best practices and to grant a safe, reliable and environmental compliance operation.
The Operations-E&C Liason will have strong interaction with E&C, the EPC contractor and al subcontractors and will assist in the development, administering and communication of the plan to the PMT for expediting of the technical interfaces during the phases of the project work. The Operations-E&C Liason provides guidance, coordination and expedites work while monitoring the compliance of the technical engineering packages and studies to ensure they meet regulatory requirements, industry standards, project philosophies and specifications and fall within the scope of work. He will be the support of the RFO manager to provide assurance the facility is ready to operate once is commissioned. The Operations-E&C Liaison will also support the development of the Operations readiness plan and is implementation is strictly followed by all involved parties.
- Works with Project Manager and E&C team to identify and scope technical packages to ensure quality, and a clearly defined technical design that meets the project schedule and Operations requirements.
- Provides input to ensure a high quality of engineering work properly includes codes, industry operational standards and regulatory requirements.
- Provides leadership in review and approval of project issues to provide assurance of a flawless startup and steady state operations.
- Reviews drawings, schedules, specifications, and permits to ensure compliance with operations requirements.
- Work out Tie ins procedures and schedule to meet Operational targets
- Works with the E&C Construction Manager and the Operations Manager to resolve concerns related to constructability and plant operability and maintainability.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: Requires a science based bachelor's degree, preferably in engineering. Advanced management or business degree is desirable.
- Experience: Minimum 15 years energy industry experience with a minimum of 7 years in a leadership role in a major oil and gas project.
Skills/ Knowledge/ Abilities:
- General knowledge of LNG design and plant CSU and operation.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Strong knowledge of quality assurance and control practices.
- Strong knowledge in safety studies in oil & gas field.
- Team player with demonstrated ability to influence and manage a team to get results.
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral
- Effective computer skills including spreadsheets, database, word processing, presentation software and project management tools.
- Knowledge in engineering and construction standards, Knowledge of engineering processes.
- Ability to effectively lead, delegate and motivate.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to create a strong, trusting and collaborative interface and coordination environment.
- Self-starter with ability to work strategically under little direction.
- Ability to focus on meeting/exceeding performance parameters.
- A participative leader that offers opinion and direction when appropriate or required
- Bilingual: Spanish and English