MANAGER OF COMMERCIAL OPERATIONS required by our client, an International LNG Operator, to be assigned on a Permanent basis, located in Ensenada, Mexico.
This position is responsible for the day to day commercial activities in support of LNG Terminal Service Agreements including analyses, notices, invoicing, LNG Annual Production and Delivery Plan and daily, monthly, and intraday natural gas in and send-out scheduling. The position requires a mathematically minded individual with good business sense, good understanding of commercial agreements, and good computer skills.
- The position is responsible for day to day liaising with LNG customers, the LNG Terminal, shippers, and pipelines to schedule LNG cargos out and natural gas send-out, if required.
- The main functions are: scheduling gas nominations for LNG production, LNG cargos via the Annual Delivery Plan, scheduling natural gas send-out via the Annual Delivery Plan and daily nominations, and contract management of LNG/gas Agreements.
- The Incumbent shall observe all regulatory codes, corporate values, (safety and health, environmental, quality and business continuity) plans and procedures as dictated by the IMS of the facility.
- Specifically, the position will:
- Manage LNG Annual Delivery Plan and Daily Nominations.
- Develops and coordinates the Gas reception from pipeline for LNG production, the LNG shipping and, if required, the LNG reception and send out to pipeline through the Annual Delivery Plan (ADP) which consists of an integrated schedule for receiving gas, Delivering and/or receiving LNG and send-out of vaporized LNG to the pipeline;
- Responsible for developing and effective plan which best satisfies all customers' needs with minimal compromise, while simultaneously maximizing terminal utilization;
- Maintains for the ECA LNG Liquefaction and terminal (or works with the Independent Agent to maintain) a rolling monthly nomination program which manages changes to the ADP for customers;
- Provide 24/365 availability for emergencies and last-minute schedule issues.
- Assist in the resolution of customer and pipeline questions and issues.
- Handles clients/customer questions and inquiries in an effective and timely manner;
- Works with LNG terminal management to resolve demurrage and scheduling disputes, works with terminal;
- management and Technical Services to resolve technical issues with customers and pipelines including;
- fuel usage and lost and unaccounted for issues, LNG/gas quality specs and issues, and scheduled and unscheduled shutdowns;
- Update tariffs and monitor compliance.
- Contract Management.
- Ensure and maintain timely and accurate documentation of all relevant agreements in file repository site;
- Ensure that contract terms, commitments and obligations such as notices, invoices, contract terminations and renewals, requested studies and analyses, etc. are completed as required in a timely manner;
- Monitor all key contracts and agreements for submittals, regulatory compliance, performance milestones, performance requirements, notifications, commercial activities and support as assigned, assist in new commercial activities or support Commercial Development activities as assigned, support JV activities.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Requires a science-based bachelor's degree, preferably in Engineering. Advance Management or Business degree is desirable.
- 4 years + on scheduling, Commercial, Financial and Technical experience.
Skills / Competences Records:
- Knowledge and experience with contracts related to energy service, construction, and commodity.
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written and interpersonal).
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to prioritize effectively, multi-task when necessary.
- Ability to secure resources and information to get the job done.
- Ability to work effectively on short notice and off.