RFO COORDINATOR required by our client, an International LNG Operator, to be assigned on a Permanent basis, located in Ensenada, Mexico.
The RFO Coordinator will coordinate the EPC activities of the Client's LNG project between the Owner and Contractor in accordance with contracts, company policies, procedures, and regulations. The RFO Coordinator is tasked with the planning, scheduling and execution of all pre-commissioning, commissioning, mechanical completion and startup activities supported by Owner departments. Has responsibility for day to day contact and communication with the contractor and focuses on meeting contract requirements. Requires coordination of input from multiple parties and strict adherence to owner requirements. This is a plant level position.
- Monitor the project schedule and alert team members of slippage or potential delays.
- Review and document Inspections as directed in the project documents and per code.
- Maintain project documentation as required by the owner policy.
- Verify compliance with project contract, specifications and drawings.
- Recognize and resolve problems (office and field) in a timely and effective manner.
- Ensure timely execution of milestones with a continued emphasis towards lead time reduction.
- Plan, schedule and coordinate detailed phases of the project.
- Attends daily and monthly planning meetings to provide input and coordinate work activities between E&C contractor and owner.
- Determines material, manpower, and service requirements for the project activities and develop costs estimates.
- Supports the scheduling of outages, vendor services, and equipment shutdowns.
- Interfaces with Engineers, Advisors and Supervisors (Owner and E&C Contractor) to clarify issues regarding the project activities and milestones.
- Monitors work activities to identify and resolve schedule impacts and conflicts.
- Ensures that priorities and compliance requirements are communicated.
- Develops working relationships with other department and E&C contractor's personnel in order to seek out opportunities that will add value to each job completed.
- Reinforces awareness of safety and environmental incidents through frequent job observations by talking to personnel working in the Plant.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: Graduate with a BS in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, Chemical) required.
- Experience: Preferred qualifications include LNG project experience, direct experience with FERC regulatory queries and responses, implementation plans and early civil works execution.
- Skills/Knowledge/Abilities: Strong coordination, facilitation, and organizational skills, attention to detail, with the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Communicates efficiently in English
- Training on environmental, safety, operations and security procedures.
- Communicates effectively (verbal and written) with management, co-workers, contractors and field personnel.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret scientific / technical journals, financial reports and legal documents.
- This position requires the use of many industry specific computer applications, most of which can be learned on the job, but the candidate should, at a minimum, be proficient in the use of Outlook, Word and Excel and have an aptitude to learn other programs quickly.
- Frequent travel and extended work hours may be required.
- Bilingual: English and Spanish