PROCESS ENGINEER required by our client, an International LNG Operator, to be assigned on a Permanent basis, located in Ensenada, Mexico.
This position is responsible for providing process engineering for the design, start-up and on-going technical support of the company's LNG facilities.
- Reviews and makes suggestions on engineering documents developed by the contractor.
- Analyzes PFD's, heat and material balances and PIDs.
- Develops and/or reviews all process modifications made during LNG facility ongoing operations.
- Supports Engineering and Construction in the process design of the new facilities.
- Possesses a thorough knowledge of LNG process engineering and understands the technical issues in related engineering disciplines (instrumentation, controls, electrical, civil, mechanical, environmental, safety and drafting).
- Requires competence in the use of process simulation software in order to model process situations as requested to support management decisions.
- Develops and/or reviews project economics and prepares full economic justifications as necessary to support proposed changes to plant assets.
- Participates in the development, reviews and bidding of technical contracts for the terminal(s) during ongoing operations.
- Inspects equipment at manufactures facilities.
- Participates in the development of commissioning procedures.
- Supports Operations staff in resolving technical problems and in engineering capital projects for plant modifications.
- Participates in the development of operating philosophies and detailed operating procedures.
- Reviews operating procedures for compliance with the operating philosophy.
- Proposes changes to operational procedures and process improvements based on observations of facility operating performance.
- Assists with developing training programs and conducts the training of plant management, operations and maintenance personnel during plant start-up and on-going operations.
- Develops facility commissioning and start-up and equipment performance testing procedures.
- Conducts initial and periodic performance tests and directs facility commissioning and startup activities as required.
- Leads teams and provides mentoring to junior engineers on the SE LNG corporate staff and at the company's LNG terminals.
- Provides indirect technical guidance of the terminal(s)' technical, operational, maintenance, safety and security staff.
- Governmental Relations/Permitting
- Responsible for developing and/or collecting information in support of permit requirements as assigned.
- During development and construction, supports the Program Managers, as assigned, to minimize overruns in project-related spending.
- During ongoing operations, assists in the preparation of capital budgets and the operating budget for the LNG terminal(s) as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
- Incumbent shall observe all regulatory codes, corporate values, (safety and health, environmental, quality and business continuity) plans and procedures as dictated by the IMS of the facility.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- 3-5+ years process engineering experience required
- 5 years engineering construction and procurement required
- Experience in molecular sieve dehydration of natural gas, amine treating for CO2 removal, and LNG liquefaction experience or other relevant cryogenic experience required
- Bachelor's Degree Chemical Engineering, Gas Processing or related field required.