MANAGER OF RFO required by our client, an International LNG Operator, to be assigned on a Permanent basis, located in Ensenada, Mexico.
Manages and supervises the startup activities on of the Client's LNG project. Plans and directs startup assignments on the project. Technical responsibility for organizing, executing, and coordinating these assignments. Makes day-to-day decisions within assigned area and makes recommendations to department or project management regarding policy and procedures. Responsible for review of project designs and recommendation of changes to design so that projects are safe and operable. May direct startup operations at the jobsite location. RFO managers are responsible for oversight and coordination of multiple projects within the business unit. As RFO Manager you will ensure the timely and accurate completion of pre-commissioning and commissioning (PC&C) systems/subsystems which are tracked in the completions database and are to be handed over to company on time and operating within the expected design parameters. You should be a professional with a minimum of 15 years of related work experience in Pre-Commissioning and Startup.
- Directs and monitors project startup and operations which may include review of design for plant operability, preparation of operations manuals, and coordination with construction during field check out and pre-commissioning and testing and execution of the startup in the field.
- Directs the formulation of and recommends to departmental management policies, procedures, plans and programs.
- Supervises, coordinates, and reviews the work of assigned engineers, estimates staffing needs and schedules, and assigns work to meet completion dates.
- Participates in proposals review activities as required.
- Prepares or directs the preparation of operations manuals.
- Ensures that work being performed is within scope of services and within budget.
- Provides input to project management, engineering, and construction to ensure startup requirements are incorporated into project activities, including review of project designs and construction to ensure plant operability and operating personnel safety.
- Coordinates, as directed, with project management, the startup related engineering, construction and client activities as an office assignment or during startup, operations, maintenance or testing at the jobsite.
- Reviews and approves key startup methods, procedures, and schedules.
- Act as the PC&C representative (Pre-Commissioning and Startup) to facilitate the verification of work that must be complete on as particular system/subsystem through RFC (Ready For Commissioning) and RFSU (Ready For Startup) in the order that it can move on to the final handover stage.
- Responsible for verifying all punch list clearance associated with the work scope of project activities for all disciplines, i.e. Mechanical, Electrical, Instrumentation, Piping-operations, Process prior to achieve RFC/RFSU.
- Duties for Construction, PC&C and Close-out.
- Ability to communicate with project discipline engineers at all levels and gives guidance on PC&C requirements as per the scopes of the project activities. To ensure all completion database check and test sheets sorted by discipline and subcontractor is updated in accordance with revision of P&ID, etc.
- Attendant of subsystem RFC/RFSU walk down records, identifying participants and ensure subsystem P&ID mark ups, appropriate drawings have been as-built, redline mark ups are available.
- System/Subsystem Status Index report and Punch list report extract from completion database identifying, all punch lists complete and reviewed by the Discipline Leads to ensure that known punch lists are either complete or in the outstanding punch list summary, stored by discipline and category.
- Ensuring Punch list items where applicable are closed out.
- Advising and ensuring that they are delivered where and when they should be as per the project plan.
- To ensure system PC&C procedures approved, vendor reports required for startup, maintenance records, operation logs are incorporated into RFSU dossier.
- Highlight any potential issues, concerns for early resolution.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree, Engineering preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Previous experience starting up an LNG plant.
- Prior experience in Process Systems pre-commissioning, commissioning and startup of LNG systems/facilities.
- Experience in project management.
- Bilingual: English and Spanish