ENGINEERING SUPERVISOR required by our client, an International LNG Operator, to be assigned on a Permanent basis, located in Ensenada, Mexico.
This position requires an experienced and skilled individual in key areas of process safety management, operations support, maintenance projects, and process monitoring. The position is intended to be focused on the ongoing needs of LNG Facility throughout their life cycles. The Engineering Supervisor is responsible for leading all LNG Engineering team activities. The position will provide both strategic direction and tactical support to ensure that all team members have a clear focus on deliverables, systems and processes. Key focus areas will include but not be limited to: Team development and competency, delivery, planning, budgeting contracts development and executing for operational assurance.
- Manage multi-disciplinary engineering team.
- Ensure timely execution of milestones with a continued emphasis towards lead time reduction.
- Plan, schedule and coordinate detailed phases of engineering work.
- Oversee and approve design calculations using standard simulation programs (Hysys, Pro II, Unisim, and/or Promax) used in process simulations.
- Thorough knowledge of relief calculation methodologies and industry codes and standards applicable to pressure relief design. Review and approve relief load narratives, relief load calculations and relief valve datasheets.
- Proficient in the process design of equipment, including vessels, columns, heat exchangers and package process specifications for equipment and control valves.
- Approve process engineering deliverables like PFD's, Heat and Material Balances, Equipment Datasheets, Utility Summaries and other process deliverables required for the facility design.
- Manage formal studies and technical briefing with customers, suppliers and other departments/disciplines. Present design issues and options to customers and suppliers.
- Participate in Plot Plan, 3D Model and P&ID Reviews, as well as safety reviews (HAZID, HAZOP/ SIL).
- Coordinate deliverables from licensors, other disciplines, and suppliers during the execution of the project to ensure that process intent has been adequately incorporated into the facility design.
- Review and approve conceptual studies, designs, reports or proposals.
- Identify issues (problems, value improvement opportunities) and help clarify areas of complexity during all phases of the engineering design work.
- Evaluate engineering quality data and implement continuous improvement initiatives.
- Coaching, mentoring, and career development of the Engineering Team.
- Participate in meetings to support negotiations, requirement definitions, troubleshooting, and projects execution.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Education - Graduate with a BS in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, Chemical preferred) required.
- Experience - Minimum 13 years of experience in process engineering with E&C and/or operating company.
- Demonstrated relevant LNG experience.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience in engineering or project management.
- Bilingual: English and Spanish