PRODUCTION MANAGER required by our client, an International LNG Operator, to be assigned on a Permanent basis, located in Ensenada, Mexico.
Production Manager is responsible for achieving the monthly and annual operating plan for the site as defined by the financial and operational performance metrics set for the business unit and operates the plant in a safe, efficient and reliable manner. The position is safety oriented, develop and promotes programs that comply with regulatory requirement and has wide experience on developing and complying with organizational performance indicators. The Production Manager reports to the Senior Plant Manager. This position will be located north of Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico.
- Plan, direct and control all the production activities in the LNG facility including process, utilities, storage and loading to produce and export of LNG;
- Control the development and implementation of detailed planning in the short and long term to ensure the maximum availability of the LNG plant;
- Achieves monthly and annual operating plan, as defined by the Operational KPIs and Financial statements;
- Manages all operational activities safely and deliver set operational targets and objectives in time and within budget;
- Introduces and ensures adherence to technical, financial, personnel and administrative policies, procedures and controls. Prepares regular reports on operational as well as quality, health, safety and environmental performance;
- Provides leadership to the LNG facility, oversee the execution of capital projects, plan and organize projects and maintenance activities of staff to minimize impact on LNG production commitments. Liaises with asset management, senior management and external agencies to obtain approval for capital and operating programs. Manages operating agreements, contracts, and vendor relationships; works with legal, procurement, contractors in the development of agreements and contracts;
- Prepares the annual operating and/or capital budgets and put controls in place for the expenditures; ensure compliance with revenue requirements, manage costs, conduct regular variance reviews, recommends expenditures;
- Oversees monthly and quarterly assessments and forecasts of organization's financial performance against budget, performance against financial and operational goals;
- Ensures all manpower is employed productively and efficiently at all times in order to minimize cost and maximize output;
- Manages a safe and healthy work place for staff and ensure health, safety and emergency requirements are met including adequate emergency coverage. Provides leadership of emergency situations as required;
- Leads development of all operations procedures and work instructions and train the operations staff in the safe, reliable and efficient methods of LNG manufacturing through the general supervision of the Day Operations group;
- Provides ongoing training of staff to form highly qualified teams in order to undertake the various activities of the Company. Ensures operators are fully trained and competent to start-up and operate the plant. Continuously identifies need for job instruction/continuous re-training and development of operations staff;
- Develops, implement and maintain effective procedures, new standards, protocols, processes and procedures, safety management systems, such as emergency response plans, staff training and environmental management systems; ensure facility is monitored for emergency and/or abnormal conditions;
- Leads the effective coordination and communication between the support and business functions to achieve optimum solutions;
- Maximizes the value generated for the Company. Optimizes the availability of the plant. Checks that annual, quarterly and monthly performance matches the agreed program. Reviews daily operations meet production targets in view of quantity and quality specified. Ensures that plant is operated and secured to appropriate efficiency standards;
- Collaborate with other managers to contribute to the overall business targets, especially Engineering and Maintenance, HSPE, and HR. Represents the Senior Terminal Manager in his absence in addition to the normal duties.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- BS in Engineering (Chemical or Mechanical disciplines are preferred);
- Minimum 15 years of Oil & Gas operations experience and 5 years of LNG operations experience in a similar position of responsibility and expertise in an operating LNG Liquefaction facility of similar magnitude and design;
- Extensive technical knowledge of gas plant operations, including principles of gas processing, refrigeration, cryogenic metallurgy, LNG storage & transportation, gas supply, compressors, facilities, measurement, and pressure regulation.
- Bilingual: English and Spanish