PROJECT CONTROLS MANAGER
A project controls manager is required by our client, to be hired one a contract basis, located Mumbai, India.
- The Project Controls Manager is accountable for the implementation and maintenance of customer's project controls systems and procedures to support the successful management and delivery of the FPSO project in Mumbai, India
- Accountable for the identification and communication of project issues related to cost, schedule, progress, estimating and project delivery risk using the various project controls systems
- Stewards the schedule interfaces among the PMT and the EPC contractors' organizations with respect to plan and progress to identify potential schedule issues and suggest workarounds to maintain schedule.
- The Project Controls Manger will need the ability to liaise with all members of the project team, contractors and procurement to ensure project plans are accurate and up to date with the latest project intelligence at the company's office in Mumbai, India
- Ability to perform critical schedule analysis
- Interface with project personnel to develop project forecasts and analyse project costs
- Liaise with Customer for reporting purposes
- Preparation of monthly reports for the project. Also prepare other financial analysis as required on an adhoc basis
- Development and ownership of project schedules including maintenance of S-curves, physical progress tables and detailed progress tracking
- Develop overall project schedule for engineering, procurement, construction, commissioning and installation work with interdependencies in order to identify critical path activities
- Review, advise and make recommendations on contractual requirements specifically relating to schedule and progress monitoring
- Maintain, update and monitor progress on project schedule, including production of internal and external reports.
- Support internal and external meetings to proactively drive schedule discussions & present material accordingly
- Implement 'early warning' identification of potential schedule issues and drive options to reduce 'Cost to Recover' exposure
- Identifying and communicating risk relating to the schedule produced
- Ensure effective coordination and cooperation between other team members, particularly in regard to cost and planning (forecasting) Safety - Responsible for personal safety--safe working practices for the position.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Project Controls Manager/ Project Controls Management experience on an offshore / deepwater project working in a PMC environment
- A recognized degree and/or relevant offshore oil/gas experience
- 15-20 years' experience in the oil & gas project controls environment
- Strong computer skills, with experience of planning/scheduling using Primavera P6
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience using Excel and other Microsoft Office packages
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritisation of work to achieve them
- Effective problem identification and solution skills
- Excellent organizational and coordination skills.
- Must have strong management and leadership skills and also be capable of easily and productively working in a multi-cultural team environment.
- Dynamic and enthusiastic approach is essential
If you are a Project Controls Manager in India looking for your next assignment, please don't hesitate to apply now.