OFFSHORE ARRAY CABLE TERMINATION SUPERVISOR required by our client, an international oil and gas Operator, to be assigned on a Contract basis, located in Virginia Beach, US.
Duration: 2 Months
Supervision of Offshore Cable Termination and Testing: cable stripping, routing, termination and testing, plus other responsibilities and tasks as per the attached QUBE Role description.
- QA/QC inspections of termination work
- Daily progress report to Array Cable Manager
- Allocation of assets/resources
- Contractor programme/contractor's daily progress reporting review and update
- Update progress table
- Project documentation according to project records management
- Permit to Work requests (e.g. Safety Rules)
- Availability of SAP's for switching activities
- Cable testing activities including availability of necessary test equipment
- Handover Certification
- Collect weather data
- QA/QC inspections incl. punch list and follow up
- Non-Conformance/Damage Defect Notifications
- Cable installation contractor interfaces
- WTG, FOU and OSS Package interfaces
- Daily phone call/issue brief memo to array cable manager
- End of shift passing over report
- Review all testing documentation and confirm if results are acceptable or not.
- Inspections of array cable systems at each offshore locations
- Witness VLF, sheath and OTDR testing, as well as other cable or termination test that might be required
- Ensure that the contractor prepares and delivers a complete documentation of the works and services carried out according to contract and project record management systems
- Comply with and enforce the Company HSE requirements
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Compulsory: Seafarers Offshore Medical, One Day First Aid Course, Firefighting course, Sea survival and transfer training, Climbing and Rescue at heights training, confined space training and Helicopter transfer
- Desirable: MV Jointing training or experience, VLF testing training or experience, OTDR testing training or experience, Safe Work in High Voltage Substation Environments and Safe Work in Low Voltage Substation Environments
- Possesses the skills of MV cable jointing/termination, cable ladder/cleating systems, subsea cable hang off systems, earthing and bonding of cable systems, low voltage building services installations, CDM regulations 2007 and preferably experience with DONG Energy IT tools/ procedures
- The Consultant must be in possession of an I-Phone 6 or 6+ or a Windows phone 8.1 where Our Clients' AirWatch app can be downloaded. The app is mandatory on all mobile devices used by Our Client's staff (including consultants) to protect them from cybercrime.