Project Engineer, required by our client, to be hired on a permanent basis, located in Lagos, Nigeria.
- The position requires an enthusiastic approach to working in a Project team. Preferably some project experience of work in a project. This position needs to demonstrate commitment to safety and the ability to support work on site, while taking responsibility for appropriate scopes as required.
- Personal commitment to achieve excellence in workplace health and safety.
- Promoting safety awareness within all areas of the site/field organisations.
- Ensure that lessons learned are considered in later project stages.
- Participate in weekly progress meetings with PMT as required.
- Participate in coordinating and working with contractors in completion of site procedures, and schedules.
- Participate in review of method statements and recommend modification or approval as appropriate.
- Prepare project reports and other documents as require completing the project
- Support to the Construction/Fabrication Team in planning and interfacing for scopes, including:
- Facilitate the document review processes between contractor, company and Operations (as required)
- Participate in the project Planning Schedule meetings and identify issues and mitigations.
- Liaise with Operations team to facilitate 3rd party requests
- Provide necessary support to ensure COMPANY contracts responsibilities are fulfilled.
- Provision of technical and construction planning support.
- Interfacing with associated discipline teams.
- Review of documents including Design, Specifications and Procedures.
- Coordination of Design Deliverables as may be required to support the project construction execution plan.
- Identification, resolution and reporting of engineering, procurement and construction related matters.
- Participate in the preparation and implementation of construction management procedures, work priorities and changes.
- Advise on constructability issues - participate in constructability reviews.
- Engage in the Project Risk Management Process and associated registers.
- Contribute to the Project Lessons Learned Process.
- Participate in and manage, as required, contractual, cost and change issues.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Preferable some project experience of work in a project
- Ability to participate in meetings, to work under pressure and in large group of Project personnel
- Ability to work with personnel at all levels
- Familiarity with International Standards
- Familiarity with Risk Management
- Familiarity with Project Planning and performance management of contractors