Senior Procurement Officer, required by our client, to be hired on a permanent basis, located in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Lead, coordinate and manage the purchasing, subcontracting, inspection and transportation department in accordance with the objectives set and the strategy defined by the General Manager.
- Identify, implement and ensure the deployment of procurement, outsourcing and transportation policy.
- In line with the priorities set by the GM, define the purchasing / subcontracting strategy that meets all the needs for purchasing and consumables / tooling / site equipment, subcontracting and logistics services.
- With the projects managers, define and manage the budget
- Follow the procurement strategy for each project that includes all means (human, financial and material resources) and objectives to be achieved
- Ensure the implementation of tools necessary for the proper management of purchasing and logistics in the company
- Prepare a monthly activity report to present to the Projects Manager
- Implement and enforce a QHSE policy
- Manage the Purchasing process defined as part of the ISO 9001 certification and carry out all the actions necessary for its optimization, for the conduct of internal / external audits
- Respect and enforce the procedures defined in the quality process
- In liaison with the Quality Department and HSE, ensure the maintenance and development of certifications with the organizations concerned.
- Monitor suppliers and the company's purchasing performance
- Control the selection process of suppliers and subcontractors
- Maintain close collaboration with suppliers in order to guarantee the quality of equipment and to control price changes
- Negotiate the best terms taking into account the technical and commercial objectives
- Manage litigation to maintain competitiveness Constantly monitor the costs and the purchasing budget
- Evaluate and optimize the risks incurred in projects, and be proactive
- Monitor the progress of work and ensure the success of operations
- Prepare a quarterly activity report in accordance with the current format
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree in Engineering or High National Diploma qualification. Master's degree in Supply
- Chain Management and Procurement
- C.P.M Certified Purchasing Manager and HSE qualification is an added advantage
- Good knowledge of purchasing / subcontracting / transport
- Mastery of purchasing law
- Mastery of negotiation techniques, tendering and management of subcontracting contracts
- Mastery of ISO standards and QHSE practices
- Knowledge of the business sector
- Good knowledge of English
- 10 years' experience in Procurement within the Oil and Gas sector
- Soft skills
- Taste of teamwork