Project Control Manager, required by our client, to be hired on a permanent basis, located in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Responsible for implementing the preconstruction, construction, commissioning and project closeout phases of a development project with an emphasis on establishing and maintaining project controls and completing projects in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- He / She must have demonstrated skills in negotiating, coordinating and directing work of subcontractors, and in developing strong working relationships with general contractor personnel, subcontractors, inspectors, and other related parties.
- To manage the project control resources required to deliver a multiple million pound cross functional engineering project.
- To support the project manager with progress reporting including schedule updates, forecast to complete, variance identification and opportunities for improvement.
- The management of the project cost control team including cost engineers, planners and QS
- Provide project controls management, including baseline schedule development and management, performance status and reporting, baseline change control, risk management, earned value management guidance and tools.
- Advice and consult on the application of effective planning techniques and controls (earned value, cost and schedule variance, estimates at completion, critical path analysis).
- Support programmed integration, governance, formats, plan optimization, and project controls best practices.
- Support and advice on the definition of Project Controls and Earned Value Management policies, procedures and the standards required to deliver projects.
- Support the development of integrated master schedules for specific programmes in Primavera and/or Microsoft Project that reflect all interface milestones and activity durations from multiple contractors' schedules and feed changes to the integrated master schedule.
- Monitor and control programme compliance in respect of the projects contractual obligations
- Ensuring the Project controls team produce weekly / monthly reports in line with the project and company reporting calendar, providing details on progress, actuals, forecast and explanation of variances.
- Ensure that project controls processes are consistently applied across the project.
- Manage governance to ensure robust cost and schedule performance for the agreed Scope of Work across integrated programmes managed across multiple suppliers.
- Support and advice on the definition of Project Controls and Earned Value Management policies, procedures and the standards required to deliver projects
- Support the development of requirements for specific resource-loaded schedules.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum 10+ years' experience in a similar role
- Effective communication within team and with stakeholders
- An experienced user of the relevant Programmed tools, techniques
- Experience in the implementation of Earned Value Management based Project Control systems, in accordance with relevant national standards
- Experience in working on projects
- Practical ability to utilize critical project management concepts (e.g. EVM, project planning, risk analysis configuration management
- Computer literate & experienced in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to understand situations (strategic pertinence and anticipation)
- Good communication skills (ability to understand and make himself/herself understood)
- Strong Leadership and communication skills required Teamwork
- '10+ years' experience as Project Manager or in a similar position in Oil and Gas industry