Engineering Manager, required by our client, to be hired on a permanent basis, located in Lagos, Nigeria.
- To take full responsibility and accountability for the overall Projects technical function and personnel, whilst implementing and approving corporate governance and procedures, and maintaining best practices, policies and procedures.
- Reports to General Manager
- Functional relations with all project managers
- Provides technical direction for the development, design, and systems integration for client engagement from definition phase through implementation.
- Applies significant knowledge of fabrication trends and developments to improve service to our clients.
- Reviews work of development team.
- Easily recognizes system deficiencies and implements effective solutions
- Establish Project Quality plan and construction methods statements
- Is responsible for managing technical risks throughout the projects.
- Communicates and enforces Coding standards and Projects specifications.
- Performs Code & Specifications reviews.
- Manages technical resources within budget and project schedule.
- Implement tools for: planning, document control, site material follow up, material take off, and physical progress.
- Manage the quality control team
- Facilitates team and client meetings effectively.
- Holds regular status meetings with the Project departments.
- Keeps Project team well informed of changes within the organization and general corporate news.
- Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- University degree (B.Sc.) in Mechanical Engineering
- Overall relevant work experience in a fabrication unit of minimum 15 years, of which minimum 5 years at a similar managerial position
- Overall relevant work experience in a fabrication unit of minimum
- General knowledge (technical knowledge in mechanical engineering, power, Instrumentation…)
- Good knowledge of systems for the management of Quality
- Good knowledge of English language
- Successful experience in technical management (turn-key projects)
- Competence in design and engineering software packages
- Ability to understand situations (strategic pertinence and anticipation)
- Good communication skills (ability to understand and make himself/herself understood)
- Strong Leadership and communication skills required Teamwork
- Client Management