SUBSEA CONTROL LEAD required by our client, an international oil and gas Operator, to be assigned on a Contract basis, located in Houston, TX.
Duration: 12 Months
- To ensure consistency of design, execution planning and operational aspects of the Subsea Control System Package within the Our Client's Project SPS Package,
- Covering interfaces between the FPU and SPS packages for Topside Subsea architecture and equipment (MCS, HPU, EPU, …) interface between the UFR and SPS Package for the Subsea Distribution (UTA, HLF/EFL,…)
- Identify and incorporate Subsea Distribution HPHT, subsea technology development programs which are required to install, build and operate the development with the support of 20K team, HQ 20T team and Various SMEs.
SPS Control System Package Management
- Monitor work within SPS Control system Package to ensure that schedule, technical, quality and HSES requirements are, as a minimum, met or improved upon.
- Provide reporting function towards SPS Package Manager for all work activities within area of responsibility. Bring to earliest attention of SPS Package Manager issues which present a significant threat to the Package and offer mitigating measures / work plans
- Act as Focus Point of Contact for the Our Client's Project Subsea Control System Topics within the project, HQ and Contractors
- During the TENDER, participate of the technical Evaluation for Control System topics, propose answers to any Clarifications to the SPS Tender technical representative.
- Manage the evaluation and implementation of HPHT Technology Development Programs for SPS Control System in accordance with Project schedule and technical requirements.
- Coordinate HQ support and prepare potential Client's General Specifications derogation on SPS Control System topics
- Participate to critical meetings at Project and package level eg design reviews, Interface reviews (especially for Topside Architecture), HAZIDs / HAZODs / Safety Logics, constructability reviews, workshops etc.
- Prepare (as appropriate), review and comment Project documentation and external consultant / contractor project documentation relative to SPS Control System package.
- Act as SPS Technical Focus Point of Contact for the Our Client's Project Subsea Control System for the FPU/SPS interface on Topside control architecture and Equipment integration
- Act as SPS Technical Focus Point of Contact for the Our Client's Project Subsea Control System for the SPS/UFR interface on Umbilical Termination Head system and Equipment integration/installation (EFL, HFL, …)
- Act as SPS Technical Focus Point of Contact for the Our Client's Project Subsea Control System for the SPS/FOPS interface on topside side SPS software and subsea controls/instrumentation
- Actively participate within SPS Package and the Project for HSSE performance and compliance including monitoring of activities, the implementation of corrective measures for any related issues and the pro-active promotion and implementation of schemes / activities to improve HSSE culture and results.
- Ensure that all SPS Control System Package work activities are performed in compliance with a high regard to Health, Safety, Security and Environmental requirements
- Provide effective leadership in Quality performance and compliance for the SPS Control System package.
- Actively promote the transfer of knowledge / return of experience to / from Company HQ. Monitor SPS Control system Designs and Execution for appropriate implementation of lessons learned from Corporate feedback
- Ensure that the correct implementation of Digital systems in accordance with the Project's Management of Technical Information Plan and in consultation with the Project Digital Lead
- Coordinate the implementation of Subsea Condition monitoring system with the support of DW/SBS condition monitoring development initiative
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum Education: Secondary and tertiary engineering qualifications (e.g. Bachelor's Degree as a minimum) and hold an internationally recognized professional / chartered engineer status
- Minimum Experience: 15+ years on Subsea Control System, proven track record in similar positions with minimum of 5 years in senior Control System Engineering/management roles
Required Skills / Certifications:
- SPS Control System Delivery activities and Project Technical Package Management - expert level of knowledge and experience
- Safe working practices on offshore construction projects - proficient level of knowledge and experience
- Deep Water Developments - proficient level of knowledge and experience
- Excellent organizational ability and commitment to meeting deadlines
- Strong communication and proficient presentation skills
- Team worker capable of working autonomously
- Language Requirements: Fluent English required