CONSTRUCTION SUPERINTENDENT required by our Client, an Oil and Gas Operator, to be assigned on a Contract basis, located in Mozambique, Africa.
Duration: 12 months ongoing
Provision of a qualified and experienced Construction Superintendent to report directly to LNG Construction Manager or designate. Duties, Functions and Responsibilities include:
- Provide leadership and supervision of construction related projects such as roads, drainage, other earthworks and foundations, fencing, airstrip, and other activities.
- Assist LNG Construction Manager as required in the management of the ASI and EPC works for the Mozambique LNG Project
- Strive to be aware of the cost and schedule implications of decisions, and raise any query that they have with the LNG Construction Manager
- Monitor Contractor progress and quality and confirm they are acceptable. If progress and/or quality is not acceptable, inform and work with Management to improve performance to an acceptable level.
- Liaise, as necessary, with other parts of the Mozambique LNG project, such as Subsea, to ensure a consistent approach is taken to all project facilities in the civil/structural/geotechnical areas.
- Adherence to our Clients Core Values of Integrity & Trust, People & Passion, Open Communication, Servant leadership & Commercial Focus.
- Assure the project HSSE and Quality objectives are being followed.
- Report incidents and near misses immediately.
- Comply with a duty of care to ensure that safe practice is adhered to at all times. In addition to any specific accountability for HSSE, be accountable for ensuring that they adopt exemplary safe behaviors.
- Adhere to the Clients Business Principles at all times under Conduct, Our People, Society and HSSE and to participate in relevant training.
- Other tasks as required by LNG Construction Manager.